PDA

View Full Version : EAT, Dinan or AC Schnitzer?

all2kool
11-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Just which chip is the best?

DueyT
11-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Have only tried EAT, but was entirely pleased with its performance.

What motor do you have? What do you mean by best? (i.e. all-out performance? bang-for-back?, etc...?)

Cheers,
Duey

all2kool
11-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Have only tried EAT, but was entirely pleased with its performance.

What motor do you have? What do you mean by best? (i.e. all-out performance? bang-for-back?, etc...?)

Cheers,
Duey

I have a 1992 525i E34 with the M50 motor. I have ordered the AC Schnitzer chip for ECU's ending with 402. Has anyone had any experience with this configuration?

DueyT
11-05-2004, 11:10 PM
I understand that M50's gain a pretty good boost from an EAT chip. Most EAT kudos seem to come from M30 owners, and my M60 has much more low-mid level power and a top end that doesn't seem to stop (plus I love the sound of a high-revving, 300+hp V8 :) )

Cheers,
Duey

bimmerd00d
11-06-2004, 12:47 AM
never met anyone who tried an ACS chip. I have an EAT, and the low and midrange performance is MUCH better.

Sweetwater
11-06-2004, 12:14 PM
I understand that M50's gain a pretty good boost from an EAT chip. Most EAT kudos seem to come from M30 owners, and my M60 has much more low-mid level power and a top end that doesn't seem to stop (plus I love the sound of a high-revving, 300+hp V8 :) )

Cheers,
Duey

Duey,

Do you have a connection with him? The web site says to email first if you have a 540/530 before you order a chip. I've emailed twice and got back nothing. I'm not tossing $200 into the hopper until I get a response. It sounds like the M60 chip is not totally complete?

MBXB
11-06-2004, 12:37 PM
I've gone from Stock to Dinan, to Conforti to EAT on my 94 540i. The EAT chip gives you the best performance for the buck throughout the entire rpm range.
You notice the difference immediately. Mileage gets better too! Mark's M60 programming is right on the money.

Ramon

Duey,

Do you have a connection with him? The web site says to email first if you have a 540/530 before you order a chip. I've emailed twice and got back nothing. I'm not tossing $200 into the hopper until I get a response. It sounds like the M60 chip is not totally complete?

bahnstormer
11-06-2004, 12:47 PM
buy eat.
take money u save and give to me.
enjoy.
=]

DueyT
11-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Duey,

Sweet, I understand that there may have been an issue with some 530iA's in the very early development of the M60B30 chip (interaction with the tranny chip) once Mark had finished the 540's, but I believe that has all been worked out. As far as I know, there have never been any problems with either auto or 6-speed 540's. I ran one of Mark's Beta 540i/6 chips (in fact it's still the one I run) and am totally pleased with it!!! :D I think you would be too, but I will ask him. I'll check with him to see what the situation is on the 530i chips. While I do that, if you were to record the DME number of the controller box, that might help determine if there are any issues with your car.

Cheers,
Duey

632 Regal
11-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I dont think the 530 chips were ever corrected. Might want to look into other chips for the 530 such as the JC conforti chip. Works OK for me.

Sweetwater
11-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Sweet, I understand that there may have been an issue with some 530iA's in the very early development of the M60B30 chip (interaction with the tranny chip) once Mark had finished the 540's, but I believe that has all been worked out. As far as I know, there have never been any problems with either auto or 6-speed 540's. I ran one of Mark's Beta 540i/6 chips (in fact it's still the one I run) and am totally pleased with it!!! :D I think you would be too, but I will ask him. I'll check with him to see what the situation is on the 530i chips. While I do that, if you were to record the DME number of the controller box, that might help determine if there are any issues with your car.

Cheers,
Duey

Thanks Duey,

I thought the DME number is on the stock chip? Not being the master technician, I was hoping to only go through the process of pulling it once. Does the date of manufacture give enough information?

Sweetwater
11-06-2004, 02:58 PM
I dont think the 530 chips were ever corrected. Might want to look into other chips for the 530 such as the JC conforti chip. Works OK for me.

And this is the very reason I asked before ordering....has anybody on the board got the EAT in a 530ia? How's your ride been since installing it? Thanks.

MarkD
11-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Duey,

Sorry I was not able to reply this week due to various issues arising here. I know I received on email butI'm not sure about two. I'll respond later today.

Duey and I talk on occasion and he has dropped over for a visit when he was in Toronto. Duey sent me an email regarding your question a few hours ago.

Mark

MarkD
11-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks Duey,

I thought the DME number is on the stock chip? Not being the master technician, I was hoping to only go through the process of pulling it once. Does the date of manufacture give enough information?

It's best to get the number off the stock chip for 530's and 540's.

MarkD

MarkD
11-06-2004, 03:12 PM
And this is the very reason I asked before ordering....has anybody on the board got the EAT in a 530ia? How's your ride been since installing it? Thanks.

Two people had the 530iA chip, one sold his car and the other is using it. I don't know if he is in this forum. I'll send him an email and ask him to post feedback if you like.

MarkD

DueyT
11-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Sweet, I just passed Mark these part numbers off my DME to confirm what was required for my chip. There was also a sticker on my stock chip when I swapped them but it was the same as the sticker on my DME.

Cheers,
Duey

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Duey/BMW-DME(small).jpg

Russell
11-06-2004, 04:00 PM
My experience with the EAT chip in my 525i has been all good. Much better low end performace. Less downshifting etc. Gas mileage is about the same, may be a bit better if I do not stick my foot in it.

However, Mark is apparently very busy with chips and other duties and does not aways answer his e-mail in a timely manner. I would do the same. :)

Ted K
11-07-2004, 12:44 AM
I just got done installing the EAT chip in my 90 535 5 speed. Wow so much smother. Before the chip under moderate acceleration if felt like the car was dragging something. Now it fells as if it has been unleashed. Now it is just so smooth and even, better pickup. Under hard acceleration it pulls all the way to the top. I have not gotten to the new rev limiter.

Mark is great to deal with and eager to respond to any of your questions.
You got too get one.

632 Regal
11-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Seems for some reason I cant really find them on your site. Have you corrected the transmission and check engine light problems that the previous chips caused? I haven't heard a thing about these since. I did like the boost in the lower rpm range yours provided.

Sweetwater
11-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Two people had the 530iA chip, one sold his car and the other is using it. I don't know if he is in this forum. I'll send him an email and ask him to post feedback if you like.

MarkD

Hello Mark,

I have sent another email to the (different) address you posted here. I'd like to hear from anybody who has the 530ia and an EAT chip. I'd prefer to confirm the issues mentioned in this forum are not going to occur to me. Thanks.

Ken

MarkD
11-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Seems for some reason I cant really find them on your site. Have you corrected the transmission and check engine light problems that the previous chips caused? I haven't heard a thing about these since. I did like the boost in the lower rpm range yours provided.

I believe they are corrected as I had good feedback from the two other testers. Both have now sold their cars. I had the latest version ready a week after you got your refund.

Doesn't the JC chip have a good boost in the lower rpm also? As there are no 530iA cars to develop with in Toronto, I had a hard time doing any final testing myself.

Mark

632 Regal
11-07-2004, 02:08 PM
I offered mine a while ago and didnt hear back from you.

MarkD
11-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I offered mine a while ago and didnt hear back from you.

Did you send me an email regarding that? I don't remember you offering that in an email. But I do have one stock 530iA chip.

I have an idea what part of the problem may be but I'm not sure:
I think there may be more than one model of tranny in those cars and they could requires slight changes in the DME chip. After getting some info on how the dealerships program chip upgrades for these cars, I it's very complicated. I'll contact you about getting your chip later. Are you still interested to test it? You could compare it with the JC one.

Mark

632 Regal
11-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Sent you an email after I got the JC saying the transmission was fine and no codes and offered to send the stocker up to you to figure out the differences. I would like to try a new one it only takes me 5 minutes to change them out now :D.

Did you send me an email regarding that? I don't remember you offering that in an email. But I do have one stock 530iA chip.

I have an idea what part of the problem may be but I'm not sure:
I think there may be more than one model of tranny in those cars and they could requires slight changes in the DME chip. After getting some info on how the dealerships program chip upgrades for these cars, I it's very complicated. I'll contact you about getting your chip later. Are you still interested to test it? You could compare it with the JC one.

Mark

Gman
11-08-2004, 11:22 PM
I installed Mark D's E.A.T chip in my 535 and am quite pleased with the extra gurnt in the low RPM's.