PDA

View Full Version : New V8 Installation Report

ben wilamowski
11-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi all,

As promised a quick update to let you know how it went.

My last posts were made with some degree of trepidation as I had just found out that my 540 94 E34 V8 had cylinder bore wear and I was wondering what the heck I was going to do.

Anyway I got really lucky as BMW coughed up for a whole new bottom end including block, crank & pistons so I thought hey if they are going to help me out to that extent I am going to turn my car into a new car that I can totally depend on:

Here is the list which got a bit out of hand!

oil service
oil pump
water pump
thermostat
PCV Valve
pas pump
fuel tank pipe
full coolant hose set
engine drive belts x 2
fuel filter
engine mounts
sparkplugs
track rod end
diff output seal and oil change
brake fluid & coolant
transmission fluid, filter & gasket
new master key and alarm remote
new calliper bleed nipples
check gearbox cooler lines
clean inlet manifold
replace corroded aircon lines
diagnose faulty headlight washers
fit oil pressure sensor supplied
confirm motor tension operation for AKS wipers

Once I have worked out how to get some pictures up I will do but I am really pleased with her, she is Granite Silver with black leather, full M5 bodykit and M Tech sports suspension from the factory. Oh the wheels are 17" E39 M5 style.

Jobs still to do:

-Small bits of bodywork, wax oil the whole car underneath so that she lasts forever!

-New M tech dampers front and rear to sharpen up the handling.

-New windscreen as the old one has been scratched by the wipers.

Finally does anyone have any experience of working on the AKS speed sensitive wipers?

Mine are definitely not right, basically I have absolutely loads of play in the wiper linkage which is really annoying as I can either have the drivers wiper going off the screen or smacking the area under the bonnet, there is getting on for 3/4" of play. Also the speed sensitive function is no longer working and I am not really sure where to start to sort this out.

If anyone has any idea or has done any work on this before would be really glad to hear from you as it is one of those annoying little things that spoils a great car!

Till the next update, hopefully with pictures.

Ben.