PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking

jj7
11-01-2004, 03:11 PM
My previous 520i,91 used to open the locks from the rear trunk, with my current 525i, 94 if i try to do that it won`t work it will only open or close the trunk only,won`t activate the central locking.is it normal or am i missing something here?

632 Regal
11-01-2004, 06:17 PM
My previous 520i,91 used to open the locks from the rear trunk, with my current 525i, 94 if i try to do that it won`t work it will only open or close the trunk only,won`t activate the central locking.is it normal or am i missing something here?

jj7
11-02-2004, 07:52 AM
Jeff,gooood to have you FOCUSED and sharing valuable thoughts on the forum :) ....Re-synchronize,is that something i can do or the dealership is the only place to be???should there be a relay,switch, or computer reprograming required to have it done...
thnx a mil

Qsilver7
11-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Jeff,gooood to have you FOCUSED and sharing valuable thoughts on the forum :) ....Re-synchronize,is that something i can do or the dealership is the only place to be???should there be a relay,switch, or computer reprograming required to have it done...
thnx a mil

To re-sync the locks..insert your key into the passenger door's lock and turn it to the re-sync position (see pic below) ... or whatever direction that double locks the doors...hold the key in that position and listen for each lock actuator to close. (this also happens to be the same procedure to roll up all the windows and sunroof from outside the car) Once all the locks have actuated...go over to the driver's door and unlock the car. Do this at least two times to re-sync the locks. If it doesn't re-sync...out-of-sync-locks are not your problem. :)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_366.jpg

Bellicose Right Winger
11-02-2004, 11:09 AM
If/when re-synchronizing doesn't work, pull down the truck lid liner and make sure the linkage to the lock actuator is connected. Mine has a habit of coming disconnected.

Paul Shovestul

To re-sync the locks..insert your key into the passenger door's lock and turn it to the re-sync position (see pic below) ... or whatever direction that double locks the doors...hold the key in that position and listen for each lock actuator to close. (this also happens to be the same procedure to roll up all the windows and sunroof from outside the car) Once all the locks have actuated...go over to the driver's door and unlock the car. Do this at least two times to re-sync the locks. If it doesn't re-sync...out-of-sync-locks are not your problem. :)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_366.jpg

jj7
11-02-2004, 11:57 AM
If/when re-synchronizing doesn't work, pull down the truck lid liner and make sure the linkage to the lock actuator is connected. Mine has a habit of coming disconnected.

Paul Shovestul
Qsilver7, man you put a smile on my face,just did the procedure and worked like charm...Paul the re-sync worked as much as true,but it does the locking for the doors,but when i tried to open it didn`t, is this limited to locking but don`t include opening of the doors?? sorry to bother you but i forgot how it was with my old bimmer

Appreciate it greatly

Bellicose Right Winger
11-02-2004, 02:52 PM
I think you are saying you can lock doors from truck lock but you can't unlock doors from trunk lock. In US spec cars, you should be able to lock & unlock all doors and the trunk from either of the front door locks or from the trunk lock.

Note that there is a trunk lock position that keeps truck locked all the time. If trunk lock is in this postion, then trunk will not unlock when the doors are unlocked with the front door locks.

Paul Shovestul

Qsilver7, man you put a smile on my face,just did the procedure and worked like charm...Paul the re-sync worked as much as true,but it does the locking for the doors,but when i tried to open it didn`t, is this limited to locking but don`t include opening of the doors?? sorry to bother you but i forgot how it was with my old bimmer

Appreciate it greatly

jj7
11-02-2004, 03:05 PM
If trunk lock is in this postion, then trunk will not unlock when the doors are unlocked with the front door locks.
Paul Shovestul

Man you got me dissy,have you noticed how mind twisting it is :D :D , but i got the point and is very appreciated.The locking through the trunk is active, as for unlocking its not working...my car is a japanese imported,do`no much how things work for them,the synchro worked on the spot, i will try though to activate the unlocking too ;)
thumb`s up
jj

Phil Sanderson
11-02-2004, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=jj7]If trunk lock is in this postion, then trunk will not unlock when the doors are unlocked with the front door locks.
Paul Shovestul

JJ, Paul means that the trunk lock keyhole must be in the vertical position when you syncronise all of the locks. (see photo)

Also I just checked my cars and on the '89 525i I can lock the trunk and all the doors from the trunk lock but like yours it won't then unlock the doors from the trunk. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to unlock from the trunk. Maybe the trunk lock has something wrong with it - but it's no big deal.

On my '94 540i I can lock and unlock everything from the trunk.
I think also that when you lock the doors from the trunk, the doors are not "deadlocked", although I could be corrected on this point.

Phil

jj7
11-03-2004, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=jj7]If trunk lock is in this postion, then trunk will not unlock when the doors are unlocked with the front door locks.
Paul Shovestul

JJ, Paul means that the trunk lock keyhole must be in the vertical position when you syncronise all of the locks. (see photo)

Also I just checked my cars and on the '89 525i I can lock the trunk and all the doors from the trunk lock but like yours it won't then unlock the doors from the trunk. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to unlock from the trunk. Maybe the trunk lock has something wrong with it - but it's no big deal.

On my '94 540i I can lock and unlock everything from the trunk.
I think also that when you lock the doors from the trunk, the doors are not "deadlocked", although I could be corrected on this point.

Phil
tnx Phil for the follow-up, the position of the key hole was as shown above, i tried to close the window and it actually did close it,they are synchronized to close now,about opening i will check if japan spec can do that or not...

Jon K
11-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Didn't read all posts, but $20 says one wire ( i think its white ) on your trunk harness is seperated... Mine does the same thing.

kbchia
11-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Hi JJ7,

My 520i locks and unlocks all doors from the trunk. However, if i deadbolt the doors, then I can't unlock from the trunk. But if I don't double lock, then it is OK from the trunk.

By the way, I am in Seremban.

Cheers,

kbchia

jj7
11-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Hi JJ7,

My 520i locks and unlocks all doors from the trunk. However, if i deadbolt the doors, then I can't unlock from the trunk. But if I don't double lock, then it is OK from the trunk.

By the way, I am in Seremban.

Cheers,

kbchia
hey Kbchia,thanks for the tip...i really didn`t mess much with the trunk harness to check for any disconnected wiring,i was more busy fixing the cylinder head Nut caps, thanks though :)
KL is not that far from Seremban, i hope we meet but not in an accident :D

jj

theirongiant
01-20-2006, 09:18 PM
My central locking system stopped working today on all three sides, and it coincided with me removing the passenger's seat to (attempt to) fix the backrest motor. I thought maybe it was the General Module, or that the fuses had blown.

Then I found this "resync" procedure. It worked perfectly! I'm glad I didn't have to pay a mechanic $90 to reset the damn locks.

Also, I read something about the double-lock that made me smile: if you hold the key in the double-lock position, all the windows and sunroof will automatically close.