PDA

View Full Version : something a little different

DrewZ
11-01-2004, 07:31 AM
http://members.aol.com/apzjd/v8club.jpg

ryan roopnarine
11-01-2004, 08:56 AM
why would somebody stick a V8 symbol reminiscent of a ford v8 emblem on a bmw? i'm sure that they have something from the olden days of bmw aviation that would be more suitable.....

winfred
11-01-2004, 09:30 AM
needs a smaller V and a bigger 8 and them to be overlapped, like the furd badge

billb
11-01-2004, 11:17 AM
why would somebody stick a V8 symbol reminiscent of a ford v8 emblem on a bmw? i'm sure that they have something from the olden days of bmw aviation that would be more suitable.....

I like the V8 idea. Ford might not if you go to copying it too closely, so this is a good compromise. Maybe if it were blau mit weiss instead, it'd be that much cooler. Wish I had an eight to put the badge on...all I got is four and six-pots. Hmmm, maybe the next antique will have a flathead 85 in it...

ryan roopnarine
11-01-2004, 11:31 AM
I like the V8 idea. Ford might not if you go to copying it too closely, so this is a good compromise. Maybe if it were blau mit weiss instead, it'd be that much cooler. Wish I had an eight to put the badge on...all I got is four and six-pots. Hmmm, maybe the next antique will have a flathead 85 in it...

i was hoping it wasnt his, with the 02 license sticker. somebody had to come up with the idea in the first place, i'm sure they hand at least 1 plane with a 8 cylinder motor that the symbol could be scavenged from.

DrewZ
11-01-2004, 07:56 PM
I got the badge on ebay a few years ago (nice heavy piece), and decided to try it on.

And the 02 refers to the month that the registration is due . . .

i was hoping it wasnt his, with the 02 license sticker. somebody had to come up with the idea in the first place, i'm sure they hand at least 1 plane with a 8 cylinder motor that the symbol could be scavenged from.

632 Regal
11-01-2004, 08:50 PM
The Campbells V8 label looks better.