PDA

View Full Version : rough idle 89 525 after disconecting battery

ron56
10-31-2004, 04:59 AM
disconected battery to work on intrument panel. when i reconn. battery it did not restore to original running condition, it was running fine up till that time, thank for any help, ron 56

winfred
10-31-2004, 10:24 AM
sometimes it takes a few miles for the computer to get it's bearings, that said you may have a vacuum leak or something else small that the computer adapted to and now it's showing up that it's been reset

Bruno
10-31-2004, 03:52 PM
sometimes it takes a few miles for the computer to get it's bearings, that said you may have a vacuum leak or something else small that the computer adapted to and now it's showing up that it's been reset

My 525i was doing that all the time I was not driving it for awhile. I got used to it.

moots
10-31-2004, 10:58 PM
disconected battery to work on intrument panel. when i reconn. battery it did not restore to original running condition, it was running fine up till that time, thank for any help, ron 56

my car does the exact same thing.i think the ecu internal memory battery has lost it's juice and therefore cannot remember the previous conditions.it takes 4-5 starts and half a day of driving to resume to it's former state.
during the first 2/3 years of owning the car it was ok to disconnect/reconnect the battery.did not require the 'learning' process unlike now.

winfred
10-31-2004, 11:09 PM
no battery i know of, when it was new there wasn't much to adapt for and the baseline settings were ok, paging mark d wanna weigh in here

my car does the exact same thing.i think the ecu internal memory battery has lost it's juice and therefore cannot remember the previous conditions.it takes 4-5 starts and half a day of driving to resume to it's former state.
during the first 2/3 years of owning the car it was ok to disconnect/reconnect the battery.did not require the 'learning' process unlike now.