PDA

View Full Version : Fu¢k, Frig, Fark, Fucc...

632 Regal
10-30-2004, 06:12 PM

Windy day here... construction sign thought it was a kite...could have been worse, could have been better... did I say ****?

****1 (http://www.bimmer.info/~632regal/Sign1.jpg)

****2 (http://www.bimmer.info/~632regal/Sign2.jpg)

can I sue the state for my deductable?

andyman32
10-30-2004, 06:19 PM
ohhh... crap Jeff... that sucks...

crap...

sorry :(

all2kool
10-30-2004, 06:23 PM

Windy day here... construction sign thought it was a kite...could have been worce, could have been better... did I say ****?

****1 (http://www.bimmer.info/~632regal/Sign1.jpg)

****2 (http://www.bimmer.info/~632regal/Sign2.jpg)

can I sue the state for my deductable?

As the State is the owner of the object that impacted your vehicle, they are responsible. It is reasonable to assume that the State has experience in placing construction signs. We will assume that this is not the first time they have placed signs. We will further assume that you were not warned that the sign was not stationary – was there another sign warning you of flying signs? If, in their negligence, you were damaged, then they are wholeheartedly liable. Sue the ****ers.

632 Regal
10-30-2004, 06:35 PM
my AAA will cover it inder comprehensive but thats 500 deductible. I know there is a way to do this but I'm better at helping others, not myself when I'm stressing. If this was anyone else I'd know ...dammit

that paint will never match

cool look at that guys car with the wrong paint on the door!

well...if it WAS anyone else id recommend Pops-A-Dent.....

but im sure im over reacting and I can simply "wax" this out.

all2kool
10-30-2004, 06:39 PM
You want to call whoever owned the sign. That may be the State Highway Division or City - depends on who put out the sign. Could even be a sub-contractor. Don't let these ****s get away with it.

bimmerd00d
10-30-2004, 06:41 PM
I dont wanna be the dumbass of the board, but dude could you take that out of the title? I am at work, and that's not really appropriate for some of the kids that are here right now.

scott540
10-30-2004, 06:46 PM
It wasn't your fault so tell your insurance company what happened. Isn't it just like if someONE hit you? You tell your insurance company and they go after the person who hit you's insurance. Wouldn't it be the same in this situation?

632 Regal
10-30-2004, 07:15 PM
I dont wanna be the dumbass of the board, but dude could you take that out of the title? I am at work, and that's not really appropriate for some of the kids that are here right now.

bahnstormer
10-30-2004, 07:19 PM
its not worth matching the door color.
just paint the whole car

andyman32
10-30-2004, 07:24 PM
just paint the whole car

Paint it calypsorot red! You know you want to. You know it's the best color on this car. Black? White? Silver? Grey? Green? Nah.

Calypsorot Red.

winfred
10-30-2004, 08:24 PM
i have no idea what you're talking bout
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/325crunch.JPG
i prefer **** ****edy **** **** ****

632 Regal
10-30-2004, 09:01 PM
me and Winfred get em redone in "cosmic ****ing orange" this is the latest color making the craze for all the poor ****ers like us that cant use an original paint or color. After we get that color change thats only applied to the outside of the car we can attune the title as a 2-tone type paintjob thats worth sooo much more than the original stuff thats long gone. maybe just maybe I can get my car appraised in the 2-color at just iver 40k where it was as new and add an additional worth for the custon 2 tone paint job. just open the door or trunk...theres the other ****in color mann....

im still hearing ****, ****, ****

winfred
10-30-2004, 09:17 PM
**** i was just noticing while i had the beast on the rack today that the fender got tweeked out and cracked the paint when the lower valance got pushed in, sonofabitch one more thing to paint, guess ill buy that ingersol rand hvlp paint gun i saw and get my 3 in line first, i had planned on shooting the 5 first cause it looks like ass up close in the sun

632 Regal
10-30-2004, 09:19 PM
I have bumped and painted at least 50 cars, this is the only one im afraid of messin up the color scheme witout painting the whole thing.

andyman32
10-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Time to turn your 530 into a track monster and buy yourself somethin' else to putter around town in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

winfred
10-30-2004, 09:43 PM
ill just say automotive painting is the final fronteer, the only thing i've not done on my own, i've done light frame straghtning and welded in core supports, i don't want anything to do with replacing a 1/4 or anything that big but not much else scares me, i have a junkyard full of **** cars to play with

I have bumped and painted at least 50 cars, this is the only one im afraid of massin um the color scheme witout painting the whole thing.

Phil Sanderson
10-30-2004, 10:05 PM
when I had the wide grille, hood and side skirts done they matched the paint perfectly. In all shades of daylight I haven't been able to see any colour match difference.

Phil

cary
10-30-2004, 10:40 PM
I'll throw out some help here. I represent quite a few clients who are in the construction business, and specifically I have several who are pavers. Being that a great deal of paving is for public projects, they get claims all the time, some of which hit my desk.

You need to go to the municipality that was doing the work. If you were in a city, start with the planning commission. If it is not their project, the planning commission will be able to tell you what county or state agency is responsible and who to contact. Call them, tell them you need to make a claim. They may say that so and so contractor is doing the work. Tell them that is nice, but you want to file a claim with the municipality anyways (what will happen is they will tender the claim to the contractor, and if the job is in progress, some municipalities will simply deduct the claim from the contractors next monthly payment or retention). You may find the city simply takes your claim and some attorney for the contractor sends you a letter telling you to get lost (that is what I do, I don't care if the claim is good or not).

If you don't get paid from the above, simply file an action in small claims court. Contractors don't do well there and you are very likely to win.

Most important is to notify the city in writing immediately, either by filling out a claim form or sending a letter.

Cary

632 Regal
10-30-2004, 10:55 PM
try to think 1100 nhp HP in a E34...I have all the crap but the extra E34 and help.

http://www.bimmer.info/~632regal/Regal%20Launch.jpg

Help welding it together and extra in the exhaust would put this E34 in the fastest 1/4 mile Bimmer in the books... unfornutatly not bimer powered but you would go check it out. 632 inches of unriley hell.

winfred
10-30-2004, 11:09 PM
if ya was closer we could build the beast from hell, **** for a laugh stick it in a e32, not that much of a difference after it's gutted caged and back halfed, the extra wheelbase couldn't hurt and i have a couple not too stripped e32s, i even have one that could be driven if it had brakes (didn't stop the former owner, he drove it to our shop)

try to think 1100 nhp HP in a E34...I have all the crap but the extra E34 and help.

http://www.bimmer.info/~632regal/Regal%20Launch.jpg

Help welding it together and extra in the exhaust would put this E34 in the fastest 1/4 mile Bimmer in the books... unfornutatly not bimer powered but you would go check it out. 632 inches of unriley hell.

Derek A.
10-30-2004, 11:31 PM
I feel bad. He was coming over to my house to drop off a borrowed 15" basketweave. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Mobius
10-31-2004, 03:45 AM
that paint will never match
cool look at that guys car with the wrong paint on the door!Oh relax, will you?

No respectable body shop will let that car leave unless you can't tell the thing was painted. They'll paint the door and blend the front door and rear fender. You'll never know.

Just don't go to "Uncle Bob's Collision Repair" down the street - call up your insurance, and see who they recommend. Go around and get some estimates, see who you like the best, and get it fixed.

You won't even be able to tell it happened. I promise.

jj7
10-31-2004, 06:46 AM
Oh relax, will you?

No respectable body shop will let that car leave unless you can't tell the thing was painted. They'll paint the door and blend the front door and rear fender. You'll never know.

Just don't go to "Uncle Bob's Collision Repair" down the street - call up your insurance, and see who they recommend. Go around and get some estimates, see who you like the best, and get it fixed.

You won't even be able to tell it happened. I promise.
Jeff, sorry man to see that scratch,it really hurts the feelings, but the bright side is that it wasn`t worse, then cool it man and listen to phil and mobius, some pro paint shops will get it back for you,one time my car was hit by a cab, the paint was mixed with yellow paint and a dude friend of mine doing paint job fixed it with THINNER and a cotton ball...do you belive that...
i hope to see your next posting with an attached foto telling us the paint job was perfect...(Fingers crossed) :)

Alan_525i
10-31-2004, 10:15 AM
just paint the whole car

Gotta disagree on this one. Any body shop worth taking your bimmer too will be able to match the paint. They did on mine, they did it on my friends brand new audi S4 when his car was hit 3 weeks after pick up. If you're taking your car to a shop that can't then you should think about what other things they can't do right. There are some colors that are very hard to match, but a good body shop (read: expensive and probably only works on expensive cars usually) can do it.

dave b
10-31-2004, 12:38 PM
I lost a whole door due to a parking lot hit and run. Cost me my $500 deductible, and I had to wait about 2 weeks while it was in the shop. When I got it back, the paint was blended perfectly, you could not see the difference. They did a full clay bar and detail on the paint, and you couldn't sven feel the difference in paint. Same thing happened to my wife's car (except it was an 18 wheeler, not a hit and run). That shop also did a perfect job. Point is, your insurance will take care of all of it (deductible is up to you).

billb
10-31-2004, 02:01 PM
I feel bad. He was coming over to my house to drop off a borrowed 15" basketweave. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I got if from Nick Panich, Jeff got it from me...wow.

632 Regal
10-31-2004, 04:55 PM
I'll throw out some help here. I represent quite a few clients who are in the construction business, and specifically I have several who are pavers. Being that a great deal of paving is for public projects, they get claims all the time, some of which hit my desk.

You need to go to the municipality that was doing the work. If you were in a city, start with the planning commission. If it is not their project, the planning commission will be able to tell you what county or state agency is responsible and who to contact. Call them, tell them you need to make a claim. They may say that so and so contractor is doing the work. Tell them that is nice, but you want to file a claim with the municipality anyways (what will happen is they will tender the claim to the contractor, and if the job is in progress, some municipalities will simply deduct the claim from the contractors next monthly payment or retention). You may find the city simply takes your claim and some attorney for the contractor sends you a letter telling you to get lost (that is what I do, I don't care if the claim is good or not).

If you don't get paid from the above, simply file an action in small claims court. Contractors don't do well there and you are very likely to win.

Most important is to notify the city in writing immediately, either by filling out a claim form or sending a letter.

Cary

scott540
10-31-2004, 04:58 PM
I lost a whole door due to a parking lot hit and run. Cost me my $500 deductible, and I had to wait about 2 weeks while it was in the shop. When I got it back, the paint was blended perfectly, you could not see the difference. They did a full clay bar and detail on the paint, and you couldn't sven feel the difference in paint. Same thing happened to my wife's car (except it was an 18 wheeler, not a hit and run). That shop also did a perfect job. Point is, your insurance will take care of all of it (deductible is up to you).

Isn't the party at fault responsible for paying his deductble? Our van got hit a few years back and we had a $1000 deduct. We didn't pay a dime.

Alan_525i
10-31-2004, 08:26 PM
They are responsible, but a lot of insurance cos make you pay the deductible until they recover it from the opposing party. I had to wait over 6 weeks after getting my car back (after it was in the shop 5 weeks) to get my 1K deductible back.

cary
11-01-2004, 01:09 AM
Given your car is drivable, I would not file a claim with your insurance company until you have exhausted the possibilities of recovering from the responsible party. Even if you get reimbursed later, many insurance companies will still consider that you made the claim when computing rates.

Cary

632 Regal
11-01-2004, 11:48 AM
I made sure that it was covered under comprehensive, which they say will make NO impact on my rates. I will be contacting the township today to see who squeeks.

jj7
11-01-2004, 11:59 AM
I made sure that it was covered under comprehensive, which they say will make NO impact on my rates. I will be contacting the township today to see who squeeks.
One matter almost settled, jeff have you found a good paint job shop as yet?

632 Regal
11-01-2004, 12:45 PM
here in michigan they are highly recommended and are the only place that Mercedes sends their stuff to.

JonE
11-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Jeff,
Sorry to hear about the mishap, man! I agree that a good body shop should get her close enough. Good luck with the claim and the township.

632 Regal
11-01-2004, 06:45 PM
owns it.

Mobius
11-01-2004, 07:09 PM
$1100 sounds about right (if maybe a little high) based on my experience with collision shops. This is why we carry insurance. :)

Currently I'm getting this (http://home.comcast.net/~rjchristie2/SA/535i/3331m.jpg) fixed (some **** backed into me in a parking lot and decided to not tell me) - and the estimate came in at $600. It'll be a good bit more if they have to paint the bumper, too (and I'm secretly hoping they have to, because I could NEVER get the swirl marks out of the paint on that bumper).

DueyT
11-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Jeff, that sucks! Hopefully you won't have to find the offending contractor and smack them with the sign...

Funny how expensive stuff like that can be...$800 for this:
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Duey/BMWLtail1.jpg

and $6000 for somebody t-boning my wife while she was driving the Beast's baby Jetta TDI brother...at least my wife and nephew were OK...dang idiots!