PDA

View Full Version : drafty??

Paul in NZ
10-30-2004, 05:23 PM
i dont know if I am being paranoid but I am certain my car makes more wind noise and is more drafty inside lately.I have not changed any thing(ie new windsheild) the only thing which may be related is the sunroof may need adjusting (it sits lower than the roof) and the drivers door seal is split at the waist line.I have the "climate" hvac system everything seems to be normal there.

Dan in NZ
10-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Could it be the new tires?

Paul in NZ
10-30-2004, 05:39 PM
whew i thought you were going have some joke about wellington's wind!Do you mean more tyre noise?Its not,its been going on longer than that.I think it started at the same time as when i heard a sort of groaning noise at shut down.instead of the normal whine.I always thought that was the adv motor but maybe its something in the hvac system.My tis doesnt cover the climate system

Paul in NZ
11-03-2004, 03:12 AM
ok i am starting to think its the sunroof seal.I have inspected all window and door seals.All seems to be in order except for the inner drivers door seal where the prevoius owner big wallet kept rubbing on the door seal.All the wimdscreen seals/trims seem to intact and the ventilation grill throgh which the wiper arms drive also seems to be intact and correctly fastened.In my mind it can only be the sunroof or ventilation system,where a vent or flap is stuck in a wrong position.As stated above i have the auto system,i dont know if that makes any difference to the position of the flaps.

632 Regal
11-03-2004, 04:21 PM
if you want to make sure try taping the seam before tearing into the sunroof. Use electrical tape and not anything like masking or duct tape.