PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Help - Again

all2kool
10-30-2004, 12:55 AM
Well, I actually have CD tunes in the 525i finally - sort of. I have installed an AC Delco branded Pioneer CDX-M61. I get tunes, can switch between discs, etc. But I only have one channel - sort of. If I tune the balance all the way left - very weak sound only. Seems the right channel only is functioning. I am accepting suggestions as to why. I am using a rather long and bundled up data cable and a BMWPIO connected to the wiring harness in the trunk.

winfred
10-30-2004, 09:14 AM
i've not run into that one yet in all of my mixing of changers and radios

Well, I actually have CD tunes in the 525i finally - sort of. I have installed an AC Delco branded Pioneer CDX-M61. I get tunes, can switch between discs, etc. But I only have one channel - sort of. If I tune the balance all the way left - very weak sound only. Seems the right channel only is functioning. I am accepting suggestions as to why. I am using a rather long and bundled up data cable and a BMWPIO connected to the wiring harness in the trunk.

632 Regal
10-30-2004, 12:34 PM
your pos and neg speaker wires are mixed up...need my kid to figure out the proper phasing for you?

all2kool
10-30-2004, 02:04 PM
As I never messed with any speaker wires - that ain't it. A slightly loose data connection to the changer was the answer. I now have CD Tunes in Stereo! The final configuration for the 525i was an AC Delco branded Pioneer CDX-M61 6-Disc CD Changer. I used a rather long (12ft) data cable and a BMWPIO. I bundled the data cable up and used a bungie cord to secure it in the trunk. The power plug on the changer had to be cut and spliced as it didn't match the power connection in the trunk. What an ordeal this has been.

OneWire
03-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Help!

I cant seem to get the tuner (CM5908 ) to switch to CD mode. This setup was already installed in the veicle when I bought it although the data cable from the CD changer was not plugged into the back of the tuner.

The changer has power and loads the radio works but I don't know how to get the radio into CD mode?

Thanks

winfred
03-12-2005, 06:45 PM
hit the band button like switching from am to fm, cd will be one of the choices

Help!

I cant seem to get the tuner (CM5908 ) to switch to CD mode. This setup was already installed in the veicle when I bought it although the data cable from the CD changer was not plugged into the back of the tuner.

The changer has power and loads the radio works but I don't know how to get the radio into CD mode?

Thanks