PDA

View Full Version : OT - Yesterday after work I am running

KurtM
10-29-2004, 02:30 PM
errands in the 1988 Toyota 4wd pickup since I needed some things for the weekend. (Live 40 miles from major shopping). My last stop is Wal-Mart for dog food, some car stuff and other assorted items. In the store for 20 minutes max, come out and the truck is gone. Broad daylight, right in front of store. Truck was locked, shell was locked and keys in pocket. Had to call wifey for a ride.
The only thing good about this might be the fact that I paid $1500 for for the truck and KBB says it is worth about $3600. There is a girl who works here that used to do car insurance claims and says I will probably get around $3000 plus all the stuff inside. said most likely will be used for parts. Bought from original owner, original paint, no accidents. Took 4 months to find. This sucks !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me rant

Kurt
95 525ia

jj7
10-29-2004, 02:42 PM
errands in the 1988 Toyota 4wd pickup since I needed some things for the weekend. (Live 40 miles from major shopping). My last stop is Wal-Mart for dog food, some car stuff and other assorted items. In the store for 20 minutes max, come out and the truck is gone. Broad daylight, right in front of store. Truck was locked, shell was locked and keys in pocket. Had to call wifey for a ride.
The only thing good about this might be the fact that I paid $1500 for for the truck and KBB says it is worth about $3600. There is a girl who works here that used to do car insurance claims and says I will probably get around $3000 plus all the stuff inside. said most likely will be used for parts. Bought from original owner, original paint, no accidents. Took 4 months to find. This sucks !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me rant

Kurt
95 525ia

Kurt, sometimes a one man`s nightmare is another man`s dream...i got a corolla 98, i wished somebody would spare me the agony and take it away, they say a fool is burn every minute, but i am the only one stuck with it for the past 3 years :D