PDA

View Full Version : POLL: EAT chip or Schatz & Krum Chip

liquidtiger720
10-28-2004, 08:27 PM
tell me which chip you think i should buy and why.

Schatz & Krum is a bmw/porsche shop in Sacramento, CA who burns their own chips.

S&K specs- 18 rwhp gain with 18-20 increase in torque. im not sure at what rpm. $200 and free installation!

Incantation
10-29-2004, 02:24 AM
hmm i have never heard of that schatz and krum but i recently installed adn EAT chip and I have to say that I am thrilled with the results. many people on this board have the chip and i encourage you to get that one. the install is easy,

Dick Schneiders
10-29-2004, 05:43 AM
the other one is unknown.

Unless you have talked to a lot of satisified customers, you should avoid it.

Schatz & Krum is a bmw/porsche shop in Sacramento, CA who burns their own chips.

S&K specs- 18 rwhp gain with 18-20 increase in torque. im not sure at what rpm. $200 and free installation!

tim
10-29-2004, 07:36 AM
EAT. Installation is free also. Just do it yourself.

liquidtiger720
10-29-2004, 09:19 AM
EAT. Installation is free also. Just do it yourself.

there are actually a couple people who have it locally. the unichip they have it more popular. the unichip is custom tuned to the car on a dyno, and is also a piggy back system.
http://www.schatzandkrum.com/

anyways. i would rather give my business locally, and the performance is basically the same.

isntalling dosnt look too dificult, im just scared of myself messing up.

TC535i
10-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Install is easy, find someone to help, very basic.

Buy the EAT chip... support this board!

MBXB
10-29-2004, 10:27 AM
I have the EAT chip in my 540 after having tried the Dinan, and JC chips. It's the best hands down. Performance imporvements over the entire range, not just the top end.
It's singly the best perfromance upgrade you can start with on any 540 , and probably E34.

632 Regal
10-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Buy the EAT chip... support this board!

Buying an ETK does not supposrt this board.

just some happy people with them.

Dick Schneiders
10-29-2004, 11:38 AM
when everybody says one thing and you still want to do the other.

Installing them is amazingly easy, especially if your computer has a single circuit board. The 525i has a dual circuit board, in a sandwich, and it is a bit tricky to separate them the first time you try.

If you are at all careful, you really can't mess anything up.

there are actually a couple people who have it locally. the unichip they have it more popular. the unichip is custom tuned to the car on a dyno, and is also a piggy back system.

anyways. i would rather give my business locally, and the performance is basically the same.

Warren N.CA
10-29-2004, 11:43 AM
numbers. There are may other numbers that are not being compared. if you want to try something different and give your money to locals, well go ahead. If you want something proven, go with EAT.

aeldk5g
10-29-2004, 11:55 AM
How does either of the chips work with the California 91 Octane fuel, and are there concerns about passing CA SMOG?

632 Regal
10-29-2004, 12:10 PM
make sure the cats are real hot since they are farther back in the system they cool faster and take longer to heat up resulting in some failures. If it still doesnt pass you may have to pop the stocker back in for the test.