PDA

View Full Version : heater valve question...

Eric 95 540
10-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey, guys. Just a quick question: my heater valve seems to be leaking from what appears to be a small pump. Is this something I can repair, or do I need to replace the whole valve? I've searched the archives, and most of the dialogue pertains to lack of warm cabin air, not to leaking parts of the valve. Thanks again in advance for any help offered.
Eric

Bill R.
10-28-2004, 09:29 PM
can replace the pump by itself if thats whats leaking or if you don't live in a really cold climate you can bypass the pump and join the hoses together. Supposedly the pump helps the heater produce heat when sitting still idling for long periods of time when your not moving much coolant through the motor.http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/heatervalve.jpg

Hey, guys. Just a quick question: my heater valve seems to be leaking from what appears to be a small pump. Is this something I can repair, or do I need to replace the whole valve? I've searched the archives, and most of the dialogue pertains to lack of warm cabin air, not to leaking parts of the valve. Thanks again in advance for any help offered.
Eric

PhilipJCaputo
10-28-2004, 09:44 PM
I recently replaced my pump.... really easy..... pump is about 100 bones from bma plus shipping....

I would take the pump off and see if there is something you can repair... I tried to repair mine with some jbweld... but no luck....

I think I would have just bypassed it had that idea come to mind.

Eric 95 540
10-29-2004, 06:47 PM
You guys are always an enormous help. Thanks again!