PDA

View Full Version : Good stereo installation places in Boston?

CrimsonBrian
10-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Hey guys,
I just got a handsfree kit that I would like installed to work thru my speakers. I thought I might try this myself but it is talking about splicing wirings into my ignition wire (I have no clue where that is) and I am concerned that this might be above my skill level. I do have a Bentley's (I actually live less than a mile from Bentley Publishers) but I figure it would be worth the money to have it done right. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place in or near Boston/Cambridge? I dont really want to just drop it off at the nearest Best Buy and have the local high school drop out patch it in there. Thanks guys!

Brian

rbeaud
11-01-2004, 10:28 PM
They may have moved since I last was there (1996). If you can find them, RC routinely has cars featured in magazines with high end installations. However, they can do low budget installs just as well. I've had the car worked on several times since I left MA and the stereo shops always commented favorably on the installation.

Cheers,

Roland

Hey guys,
I just got a handsfree kit that I would like installed to work thru my speakers. I thought I might try this myself but it is talking about splicing wirings into my ignition wire (I have no clue where that is) and I am concerned that this might be above my skill level. I do have a Bentley's (I actually live less than a mile from Bentley Publishers) but I figure it would be worth the money to have it done right. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place in or near Boston/Cambridge? I dont really want to just drop it off at the nearest Best Buy and have the local high school drop out patch it in there. Thanks guys!

Brian

CrimsonBrian
11-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Awesome, thanks for the advice. I called them up, they are still in Watertown, and made an appointment. They are a little pricey, but they definitely know what they are talking about. They quoted abotu $200-300 for a complete installation of this kit, which is probably worth it considering that I might cause my car to explode if I try and install it myself. Thanks for the rec!

Brian

rbeaud
11-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Glad that I could help. RC does a great job. They will tell you up front that as critical as the choice of components is the installation. Based on comments from other shops, they do excellent work.

Enjoy.

Roland

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I called them up, they are still in Watertown, and made an appointment. They are a little pricey, but they definitely know what they are talking about. They quoted abotu $200-300 for a complete installation of this kit, which is probably worth it considering that I might cause my car to explode if I try and install it myself. Thanks for the rec!

Brian