PDA

View Full Version : If you need 9005 headlight bulbs and are near a US K-mart location.....

ryan roopnarine
10-28-2004, 02:11 PM
i went into kmart today to see if they had any german castrol on discount and if they had any .38 ACP ammunition. my first mistake was thinkin that Kmart had stuff worth buying anymore....the castrol syntec is like $5 a quart, (they certainly didn't have the german castrol syn) regular quaker state is $2, and mobil 1 is DISCOUNTED at $4 a quart. second, i forgot that scene in bowling for columbine where kmart agreed to stop sellin handgunz and munitions......

anyway

i was walking out of the automotive section and saw a bulb discounted for .90 each. i didn't think it could possibly apply to the phillips 9005 on the rack below it. checked the UPCs, yep, matches. took some whining and pricechecking at the register, but i got 9 of em at .90 cents each. i feel content for the day now :D yves and patrick's best price on korean 9005 bulbs is like 3.25 EACH, and they cost 7-8 dollars in the store.......8.53 for all they had put a smile on my face.....

so if you have one in your neighborhood, it probably wouldn't hurt to check them out. i'll just convert these with the sawderin' iron to 9006 bases, put 2 in to the foglights, and keep the rest 'round as spares.