PDA

View Full Version : Oil Level sensor

PatrickPGH
10-28-2004, 02:08 PM
I get an "Oil Level Low" message everytime I start or shut off the car. Even after an oil change and a fresh 8 quarts.

Is the Oil Level Sensor and the Oil Pressure Sensor the same gizmo? If not, where is the Oil Level Sensor?

TIA,

Patrick

Rory
10-28-2004, 02:14 PM
I get an "Oil Level Low" message everytime I start or shut off the car. Even after an oil change and a fresh 8 quarts.

Is the Oil Level Sensor and the Oil Pressure Sensor the same gizmo? If not, where is the Oil Level Sensor?

TIA,

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Look at the bottom of the oil pan and you will see a roundish cover on it, that is the sensor. In the M50 it screws out, but all the oil will come with it so probably want to wait until your next oil change. It is a two stage sensor, one part measures the level in the pan and the other is dynamic measuring when the engine is running. Not a super expensive part if it is bad.

Best,
Rory

PatrickPGH
10-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the reply Rory. Is the oil level sensor located in the same location on an M60?

Thanks,

Hi Patrick,

Look at the bottom of the oil pan and you will see a roundish cover on it, that is the sensor. In the M50 it screws out, but all the oil will come with it so probably want to wait until your next oil change. It is a two stage sensor, one part measures the level in the pan and the other is dynamic measuring when the engine is running. Not a super expensive part if it is bad.

Best,
Rory

632 Regal
10-29-2004, 12:59 PM
for abot 15k so far.