PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys, I've got WOOD!

Rigmaster
10-27-2004, 05:32 PM
hehehe......

I scrounged up a bunch of E34 wood trim pieces the other day, I have about 10-12 pieces, all from the dash (sorry, no 5 speed shifter trim pieces and no door panel pieces). I have the pieces from each side of the steering column, the small pieces on the top of the center console and the long piece on the glove box door (with screws).

I have some of both types of wood trim (not sure of the names, but you DID know there were 2 different types of wood, right.....??).

I'll get some pics- hopefully later tonight. In the meantime, email me, PM me or post a reply back to this thread with questions, or even better, offers!

Thanks!

Bret.

632 Regal
10-27-2004, 06:05 PM
hehehe......

I scrounged up a bunch of E34 wood trim pieces the other day, I have about 10-12 pieces, all from the dash (sorry, no 5 speed shifter trim pieces and no door panel pieces). I have the pieces from each side of the steering column, the small pieces on the top of the center console and the long piece on the glove box door (with screws).

I have some of both types of wood trim (not sure of the names, but you DID know there were 2 different types of wood, right.....??).

I'll get some pics- hopefully later tonight. In the meantime, email me, PM me or post a reply back to this thread with questions, or even better, offers!

Thanks!

Bret.

andyman32
10-27-2004, 07:35 PM
:-O *covers eyes*

Rigmaster
10-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Got lots of wood trim, if no interest here , it's going on Ebay this weekend.

Bret.

Rigmaster
10-28-2004, 06:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/rigmaster/e34wood1.jpg

here's a pic of what I've got (most of it anyway).

Please let me know if interested in any of this- otherwise it's off to Ebay.

Thanks!

Bret.

winfred
10-28-2004, 07:32 PM
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/wood.JPG

Dan in NZ
10-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Can the wood trim be fitted to cars that didn't originally have it, or were the panels behind the wood different from the factory?

winfred
10-28-2004, 07:40 PM
some are the same some aren't, if it has a removable interior colored panel where the wood goes then you can swap that piece for wood, glove boxes are usually wood or non wood units

Can the wood trim be fitted to cars that didn't originally have it, or were the panels behind the wood different from the factory?

Sean H
10-28-2004, 11:01 PM
A few parts can, but most can't. You can place the trim in behind the steering column and on the shift console, but the rest (door panels, glove box, and that little section of the center console next to the glove box) require the indented pieces from a car originally equipped with wood.