PDA

View Full Version : FS: Brand new Euro ellipsoid headlights with Angel eyes.

rockyfeller
10-27-2004, 02:39 PM
NIB Euro ellipsoid headlights with built-in angel-eyes for sale, check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7930606914&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

632 Regal
10-27-2004, 02:45 PM
if he has em first that means others will soon and the price will drop dramaticly. look at the cost of the clear corners, same deal. I can wait.

shragon
10-27-2004, 05:13 PM
they've been out for a while on ebay.

Incantation
10-27-2004, 10:26 PM
they've been out for a while on ebay.

yea.. since may and they're online on ebay for 179.00 from kensu

i have a pair comin so i will review em on here once they arrive

rockyfeller
11-10-2004, 12:04 AM
!!!OK now we'll see some bids. Gotta sell em! :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7933871204

shragon
11-10-2004, 01:47 AM
oh, didn't know you, yourself, were trying to sell them. good luck with your sale.

Black 535i
11-10-2004, 05:36 AM
...and looking forward to your review. How long have you been waiting for them so far?

yea.. since may and they're online on ebay for 179.00 from kensu

i have a pair comin so i will review em on here once they arrive

rockyfeller
11-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Yes I confess, I was trying to look anonymous, hey didn't want to look biased like I was trying to sell something :P

rockyfeller
11-10-2004, 11:06 AM
I can give you a review, what do you need to know about?

Kamil
11-10-2004, 11:14 AM
...and looking forward to your review. How long have you been waiting for them so far?

I've had mine on for about a month or so, but I have the non-angel-eyes ones, made by depot.

The lights themselves seemed lower quality than their OEM conterparts, and did not mount exactly like the OEm lights. All the holes lined up, etc and there was no issues and nothing to fabricate etc, just that there lights are supported in two less places than the OEMs were.
Other problems:
- My came w/ a harness, end of harness had really cheap plugs that plug into the socket, where the ligh bulbs are (does that make sense?).... and those connections are of low quality, had lights disconnect on me already; there's no real way of soldering them on w/o damaging the sockets.
- Aiming, while the driver's side aimed fine, the passanger side points way down, I have to look into it again.

Finally, the light.... better light pattern w/ sharp cut-off, more light in front of the car. Again, aiming is the key and I have to re-aim my passanger side lights.

rockyfeller
11-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Non angeleyes ones are a totally different design. Those are based on the Hella units. The ones with the angeleyes are based on the in.pro/MTS design. These have a larger ellipsoid and crystal high-beams. Regardless, you should have 6 mounting holes just like the OEM headlights. You're right, nothing can match the original quality of the Hellas, but at less than half the cost the quality is much more than half as good. You need to find a matching female harness. I had to improvise my own connections as I couldn't find a suitable harness. Aiming is done exactly the same as with the original headlights. check Bruno's site or the archives, I had no problems with aiming.

bahnstormer
11-10-2004, 01:34 PM
i have these
they're awesome!