PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filler door - What breaks?

Phil Sanderson
10-26-2004, 11:27 PM
Does anyone know what has to be replaced when the fuel filler door no longer springs open and closed? All I can see is the spring and the plastic hinge. I took the spring off easily but I could not see how to remove the plastic hinge. Anyone with ideas?

Phil

Robin-535im
10-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know what has to be replaced when the fuel filler door no longer springs open and closed? All I can see is the spring and the plastic hinge. I took the spring off easily but I could not see how to remove the plastic hinge. Anyone with ideas?

Phil

The part you probably need is the plastic hinge. If you get the new one you can look at it to see how the old one comes off. There are two tabs that fit into slots that you can work off with a small screwdriver, or you can just break the damn thing off and throw it away like I did! Reuse the metal clip and the new plastic hinge just snaps into place. Refer to your pic to put it back together because it's not always intiutive how to snap the spring metal back in if you don't have a photographic memory.

HTH

Robin

Phil Sanderson
10-26-2004, 11:45 PM