PDA

View Full Version : Water leakage

aabdelhamid
10-26-2004, 07:34 AM
I have a 1990 520i M20. I am suffering from frequent overheating due to water leakage. The car frequently overheats and I find the water level low. I went to the BMW dealer and he pressure-chacked the circuit and surprisingly he found no leak. Any suggestions where to start from. I am actually thinking of changing all hoses and the radiator as well. What should I do???

632 Regal
10-26-2004, 11:03 AM
ypu probably have an air pocket in it, you will have to bleed the air out correctly. This is common and if not bled corectly overheating will blow the head gasket and possibly crack the head.

jj7
10-26-2004, 02:04 PM
ypu probably have an air pocket in it, you will have to bleed the air out correctly. This is common and if not bled corectly overheating will blow the head gasket and possibly crack the head.
i`d do that too, once i almost burnt the engine because of over heating, and it was an air pocket,cooled the car down,turn ignition key to on with no start turned the warming to full, and added tons of water tell the last bubble came out through the radiator pressure bleeder...