PDA

View Full Version : Engine Does not start

AsianBatman
10-26-2004, 02:24 AM
I drive a 1993 525i, and recently the car would not start. I sprayed some starter fluid into the intake to get it to start, so i am thinking it is the fuel pump. But the pump pumps the fuel just fine, so anyone have any idea what it could be?
And where is the fuel filter on the car. I need visual aids if posible.

bimmerd00d
10-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Crankshaft Position Sensor. It's probably dirty and/or loose. Front of the motor, if you are looking right at it, about 10 o'clock i believe. Or am i completely wrong guys?

Bill R.
10-26-2004, 10:25 AM
spray starter fluid into the air intake. It can damage the maf.

I drive a 1993 525i, and recently the car would not start. I sprayed some starter fluid into the intake to get it to start, so i am thinking it is the fuel pump. But the pump pumps the fuel just fine, so anyone have any idea what it could be?
And where is the fuel filter on the car. I need visual aids if posible.

rapidel
10-26-2004, 01:00 PM
If your engine produced no hickups with your starting fluid check your ignition system
and obviously the TDC sensor.

AsianBatman
10-27-2004, 01:38 AM
I figured out the problem, first i thought it was the fuel pump that was failing on me, but then it worked just fine, then i checked the fuel filter. I am assuming that when you take that out and blow on one end of the filter...the other end would have air coming out correct? So i believed i had a clog fuel filter....which caused my fuel pump to burn out...when it was working perfectly.