PDA

View Full Version : gas spitting out from exhaust...?

jarome
10-23-2004, 06:46 PM
i was installing aftermarket speakers into my '95 525i earlier today. everything was good and when i went to turn the iginition on the car refused to start. i then tried gasing it while turning it on and it was almost there then the car died. i waited about 10minutes and started the car again and it worked. now i see white puff of smoke coming from my exhaust and when revving the car to about 3 grand (while the car is parked) little droplets of gas came out from the exhaust. the shooting gas doesn't happen all the time...just every now and then. the white puff of smoke smells like gas.

so my question is wtf? i'm gonna take the car in for a check up on monday but i would like to get an idea of what the problem might be before going. thanks guys.

Paul in NZ
10-23-2004, 07:23 PM
you prolly just flooded it,and it will be fine.The fluid you see is just water from condensation within the exhaust.exhaust gases will usually smell gassy.

632 Regal
10-23-2004, 08:19 PM
yep condomsation buildup. could be residual gas from somehow flooding it but thats not on a high list of guesses. White smoke is either oil or water. If the wayer vapor happens all the time more than just condoMsation you could possible be losing the head gasket.

Garlic Breath
10-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Molotov cocktail on wheels!

ryan roopnarine
10-24-2004, 04:16 AM
may i suggest--leaking fuel injectors.....though it would have to be pretty severe for it to leak enough to be hard to start. i had 1 and 6 on constant full spray, and the car would still start normally, albeit with a big ass cloud of smoke when you tried to drive it....if you held a match to the exhaust, however, you'd get the medicine.....