PDA

View Full Version : Radio Repair - a company that repairs them?

bpattan
10-22-2004, 02:51 PM
My radio has finally died. Does anyone knw of a company that will repair them? Thx, bob in houston.

bimmerd00d
10-22-2004, 04:06 PM
it'd be cheaper for you to buy a used one off ebay.

Karl
10-22-2004, 04:21 PM
I have a stock radio/cassette--removed to add third party CD player.
emial karl@sctelcom.net if interested.

bpattan
10-25-2004, 07:47 AM
i'm assuming it's an Alpine radio. so it's actually going to cost me more to have them look at it? ok, i'll check out ebay. thanks.

AllanS
10-25-2004, 08:06 AM
I have one from a 95' 525i, if you'd like to buy one

undertheradar
10-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Find out where local car dealers have there radios fixed (detroit area, Royale Radio, in Royale Oak), then take it there yourself. It usually is some kind of electronics shop. My cd player (pioneer) stopped playing, the po cracked front, took it there, they called two days later saying that they can't fix it in the shop, and would I like them to send it to pioneer? In less two weeks It was fixed and looked brand new.

Tom

rickm
10-25-2004, 09:10 AM
If you're a member of the BMWCCA check in the back of the monthly magazine you receive, there is a shop listed that repairs them. Never used them, if my radio died I'd just buy a new Alpine or Nakamichi and install it.

Jimmy535i
10-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Doctor Don's in Huntsville Texas - Repairs BMW Radios

http://www.doctordons.com/bmwradios.htm

Repaired a BMW-Pioneer CD Changer for me. Honest guy that does fine work

Elekta
10-25-2004, 11:47 AM
http://www.soundrepair.com/ is the site that is in the back of Roundel.

I bought an Ebay replacement deck for $70 shipped, and it works fine, though it is more beat up than the one that's broken. I was thinking I'd repair the broken one and try to sell one of the two back on Ebay.

I don't know how much I'd want to pay $150 for a repaired deck, which is what doctordon's charges, unless I knew that was really going to be it for expense.

When I installed the new used deck in my wife's car, I somehow knocked her OBC out. Could I have pulled out a harness back there? I thought the OBC connected to an interface much like a PCM-CIA slot.