PDA

View Full Version : OK guys, help or sugestions needed...again

playero
10-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Some of you don't know, but I'm overseas and I'm trying to get some items for my car. It's a 95 525 auto, so far I got BavAuto springs, Bilsteins sport shocks, thrust arms with 750 bushings, RD strut bar. I've got the 850 front brakes and looking for the 540i rears, if anyone has a pair of calipers with carrier for sale, drop me a line. An EAT chip should be comming in the next few weeks. What I want to know is that once I get home I wil be working putting all this and since I will be there, what else should I replace/install?? I won't be home until early next year, so I have some time to try to get this new items. I will really like to get the rear brakes, but I will continue to look for them. Also a set of 18" rims with tires are on the list, hopefully. I have no intention to race this car, it will be my everyday driver, any sugestions are welcome. 99.9% of all this mods I got from this site, I mostly read and get the info from you guys, also from Bruno's site as for other stuff (like the brakes), this is the best site for the e34 that I have found in the net, actually in other sites the recommend others to check this one out, so why go any other place?? Thanks, Dave

winfred
10-21-2004, 09:43 PM
theres a bmw salvage yard in bessmer alabama that we use sometimes, it's called vines, i don't have their # here but it shouldn't be hard to find. theres another place that i've read about but have not delt with is in south caralina (i think) ken baker bmw orignals

Martin in Bellevue
10-21-2004, 09:44 PM
I'd strongly suggest the Ireland fixed camber plates. The added 3/8" on top of the springs really puts the car back into a decent travel over bumps & potholes. I would have pulled the bav auto springs from my 535 if not for the camber plates. The plates also help initial turn in.
Another not so great point about the bav auto springs with big wheels; 18's are gonna ride like crap. I think my 16" winter wheel & tires ride much better than the 17" m5 wheels. The 235-45-17's do not have much sidewall. I never bent or scuffed any of these forged rims, surprisingly. The 225-50-16's ride much better.
I also have the single pot 850 front brakes. Hawk HPS pads are on there right now, & they are greatness. Mintex pads on these brakes are very messy, but stop the car well from cold.

Ireland's camber plates:
https://secure5.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=ireland&BusType=BtoC&Count1=460247218&Count2=377387642

bimmerd00d
10-21-2004, 10:12 PM
bruno has a set of 540i rears for sale :D

playero
10-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Thank for all the replys, I think that I can chage the springs and get some other brand, I can always sell the BavAuto ones, which one will be better suited for me? Also, Martin, on these camber plates, do you have or can provide me with the part number? I look at the site and there are about two different sets, honestly I have never installed anything like them and I will like to get the right ones at the first try. I emailed Bruno about his brake set up, but at the time someone else was interested in them, maybe that person did not get them, time to contact him again. I have tried just about every salvae yard that I can find in the net for them and so far no luck, send emails and phone calls, still no luck, hopefully Bruno still have them. I might not get those 18", it's just a good deal to pass, I have what it seems to look like M parallel, 16" I just might keep them, don't know yet. Thanks for all the replys, any more sugestions? Keep them comming, please. Dave

Martin in Bellevue
10-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Jub Jub has the adjustable, more expensive plates. He just cranks 'em all the way over.

If you're dying to blow the wad on a 525, consider looking for some m3 cams, or maybe an m3 motor, or m5 sport seats. TCD can prolly get a turbo setup for the 525.

bimmerd00d
10-22-2004, 07:35 AM
send a pic of your car if you have one

AllanS
10-22-2004, 08:06 AM
i bought my rear 540i brakes from them, they're good people and very helpful. You can find them with a google search for "vines automotive" i think.