PDA

View Full Version : 525i replacing motor need exhaust headers

Puma
10-20-2004, 12:35 PM
I am new to the forum. I wish I had looked here before I ordered my new motor. I am replacing the motor because it won't start and it failed the compression tests and leak down tests.

I have already installed a Dinan computer chip and Intake manifold.

The new motor is from Bavarian Engine Exchange of Sacramento. It has a polished head and hotter cam.

I am looking for exhaust headers. Any ideas on where to look?

Puma
10-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Apparently nobody in this forum knows how to get a 1990 525i exhaust header... or the stock exhaust manifold is so awesomely efficient that there is no need for a header... or it is not worth the extra bucks. I will try to get a custom header made here in Denver and let you know how that goes.

My motor should be in within a week or two. I will let you know how that install goes.

Jason
10-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Apparently nobody in this forum knows how to get a 1990 525i exhaust header... or the stock exhaust manifold is so awesomely efficient that there is no need for a header... or it is not worth the extra bucks. I will try to get a custom header made here in Denver and let you know how that goes.

My motor should be in within a week or two. I will let you know how that install goes.

Jose
10-28-2004, 04:04 AM
Supersprint, Sebring, Hamman Germany, Scnitzer etc, etc. Contact your local parts dealer and they will e able to hook you up with any of these. The best is Supersprint, it turns out to be the number 1 on almost each test made.Really good built quality too. Will set you back bout 1200 $US.

Rigmaster
10-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Save your $$$$. A header won't do much good, especially if you have to keep the catalytic converter in the system. The stock manifolds are pretty good, they last a LONG time, fit correctly, don't rust out or crack (normally). If you want to improve the performance and your enjoyment of the car, spend the $$$ on a BMW CCA or similar driver's school (on a race track!!) or something like that. You will be very surprised at what your car can and cannot do on track, and you will have a blast!

Bret.