PDA

View Full Version : Window motor acting up- looking for advice

tim
10-19-2004, 10:34 AM
On Sunday, while returning from the state fair, my 5 year old discovered the wonder of the window switch (which I had unlocked since they were being pretty good, and promised not to stick their fingers between the window and the top of the door.) Now, after this workout, when the window gets to the top or the bottom I have a clicking sound, until you let go of the switch. It used to get to the upper and lower limits with a satisfying sort of noiseless "shunk"

Now I've had to replace the regulator on the other side a year ago (which started out sounding like this one, and degraded to the point that the window would no longer function), and it was a PITA. Currently the window in question functions normally. It sounds like the endpoint settings have somehow been lost.

Is there a shortcut on this one? Otherwise I'm going to my indy, cause I almost lost fingers doing the regulator on the other side.

-Tim

bimmerd00d
10-19-2004, 11:25 AM
you are in dallas aren't you?

tim
10-19-2004, 11:42 AM
yep

bimmerd00d
10-19-2004, 11:58 AM
yep

what part? i'm up in the richardson/plano area

tim
10-19-2004, 12:03 PM
My house is near Forest & Hillcrest, in north dallas.

dternst
10-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Frisco, correct?

tim
10-19-2004, 03:37 PM
bump.

dternst
10-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Since you've removed the door panel before, I'd go ahead and remove the panel and inspect the motor, gears, and mechanisms. Allow the window to open and close to tell if you can pinpoint the problem.

This way you have a little better understanding of the issue and will be able to decide at that point what should be done.

Hope this helps,

David