PDA

View Full Version : Body damage - recommendations?

panzershreck
10-18-2004, 01:50 PM
had the car up on ramps over the weekend, changing oil... but overlooked one major factor - i usually never work on my car when up on ramps at my parent's house but instead at my friend's house... the difference being that my friend's driveway is 100% flat and my parent's driveway is slightly inclined but unnoticable to the naked eye without looking specifically for it... long story short, car rolled off ramps after i took the ebrake off (and stepped out for a second to close the hood, a practice I had done a million times without thinking about it in any way - continuously forgetting to close the hood) and the driver's door (still open) hit my mom's '01 325i... no damage to her car but my door is seriously screwed up, the outside of the door has a huge dent from hitting the fender, the door brake snapped in half, the mount for the brake to the door frame is bent outwards and torn, the door brake inside the door has pushed the metal outwards (kind of a rapid version of the common door brake issue) by half a centimeter, and the hinges have caused the metal to which the door attaches to to bend inwards (bending the door frame slightly in that one spot... door could get no more than 5-6 inches from closing)...

now what? car is sitting in my parent's garage while im borrowing another vehicle... next time im back home im going to take the car to several body shops for quotes on the repair...

MotoMan
10-18-2004, 02:03 PM
DAMN, real sorry to hear abt u'r ride. I unfort am unable to assist you with accident damage advice. Hope it owrx out ok

Rigmaster
10-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Best bet would probably be a complete used door. Might be able to find it in the right color if you're really lucky.... Sounds like you'll probably have to have a body shop do some straightening to those hinges though.....

Where are you located?? I've got 2 good used LF doors in NC.

Bret.

panzershreck
10-18-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm in Chattanooga but my car is in Franklin, TN (17mi south of Nashville)