PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Options

MotoMan
10-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi there.

I desperately want to fit a nav system into my 94 525 im. If possible i would also want to be able to play my music through the interface/display ? Does anyone have any suggestions on how i go about this as well as being able to explain how navigation works as this is a mystery to me.

Thanks in advance

CrimsonBrian
10-18-2004, 06:42 PM
I think this is going to be a tough one. The E34 was not designed with any of the Nav features that the nicer E39s were, so you are almost certainly going to have to do something aftermarket. I believe Bavarian Autosport has an in-dash Nav system that will fit in an E34 but it is only text directions and I dont think it is GPS, it just feeds you line by line instructions. I am pretty sure it is made by Clarion. You can head over to bavauto.com and look there. I have been using the Garmin GPS 295 with lots of sucess. Its primarily for pilots, but I use it in the car as well as the plane. Garmin does make ones like the Street Pilot that are specifically designed for use in the car, so that would probably be a better option. They mount right on the dash and their display's are excellent. You can spend anywhere from $300 to $1800 on these units, all depending on what your needs are. Good luck and let us know what you end up with!

Brian

MotoMan
10-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Hey there Brian,

Thanks a million for the advice. I have been looking at the Garmin as a solution. Was wondering if perhaps there was some other way of doing it. AW WELL....

Thanks tho... and i sure will let u know how it pans out...

Take care

victor

dternst
10-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Checkout www.bimmernav.com. They may be able to answer some, if not all, of your questions.

MotoMan
10-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Checkout www.bimmernav.com. They may be able to answer some, if not all, of your questions.

thanx very much dternst, i'll check it out now....