PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have rear bumper parts?

rockyfeller
10-15-2004, 12:08 AM
More specifically the rear bumper center impact strip? (trim piece) Don't think it's worth $55 from the dealer, it's just plastic!

PhilipJCaputo
10-15-2004, 09:13 AM
bma has it for like 45 bucks....

I was rear ended several weeks ago, which took a chunk out of my impact strip.... Another thing about buying a new one is it might not match the those side impact strips (10 year old weather exposed plastic, vs new plastic)

The chunk taken out of my strip is noticable, but really isn't that bad..... I'll probably wait around till spring/summer to do something about it

if you could let me know what you go with that'd be great!

Elekta
10-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Mother's black treatment (little red bottle) makes the match fine, but I would buy all three rub strips if I had to buy one. I'll sell you all three of mine if you want em, but they aren't anywhere near perfect.

Maybe call a few used parts places?

rockyfeller
10-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Just needed the center piece....everything else on the rear of the car looks mint. I bought the car 2nd hand and that center piece has always been super-scuffed and it's always bothered me. I know BMAs price is best, but by the time it gets shipped here to the east coast, it'll equal my dealer's price...plus I have to wait...and risk that the piece may get damaged (happened to me 3x!) Honestly for me, BMA is worth it for a large order...I considered maybe wet sanding the rub strip or something, but that may make it dull...I already lightly compounded it with no results, the scuffs are deep.

Elekta
10-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Sharpie? Shoe Heel blackpolish? Testor's for plastic? There are lots of options.

Lookin for a marksalot to polish my boots
That's the life I live in a Rock n Roll Band
Drivin to the poorhouse just as fast as I can