PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need a non-working self-dimming mirror?

Matt P
10-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Last week I dropped the M5T off at Classic to be worked on after taking a massive hit from a road gator (Shredded 18-wheeler tire) at night on I-45 coming back from Houston. I mentioned that the self dimming rear-view mirror wasn't working. (I was followed for a good 100 miles by an idiot in a super-stiff S2000 with his xenon high beams on... farker).

When I came back for the car (ok but for some scratches on the spoiler), the mirror had been replaced (well, actually with the wrong mirror - correct part # on the box, but wrong mirror it in - correct one just came in). They also gave me the original mirror back. It has the light sensor on the upper right, and the (IR?) key remote reciever on the bottom.

Since the bloody thing isn't cheap, and is in fine cosmetic shape, I thought that someone from the board might need it. To make sure you actually want it, I'm asking $20.

bimmerd00d
10-14-2004, 01:29 AM
i want it! and im local!!!!

which mode is it stuck in, normal or dim?

netmgr
10-14-2004, 07:28 AM
hmm id hazard a guess that a self dipping mirror that wasnt working....doesnt auto dim...

Matt P
10-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Right. But rather than attempt to diagnose and repair, they just replaced it.

If figure that instead of throwing the old mirror out, someone out there might have the skills to fix it up, and if so save themselves $300+ in the process. It could be a simple as a loose wire or bad power contact -- who knows?

bimmerd00d
10-14-2004, 02:29 PM
that's why im interested in it, i can probably make it work again. If not, i'll put it in the garage and use it to check my face for grease :D