PDA

View Full Version : Piss me off...are would-be thieves that stupid?

DueyT
10-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Grrr.... >:-(

What frickin kind of an idiot would actually try the coat-hangar trick on a car with a immobilizer alarm system?

Piss me off...wouldn't you know that insurance companies now include glass damage due to attempted theft as part of the $500 deductible for comprehensive...

Idiots!

p.s. at least on the bright side, the tint acted like a security film, keeping the shattered glass from flying all around the interior of the Beast. *sigh*

Grrrrr,
Duey

632 Regal
10-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Dude that really sucks, could be worse however. I thought you had a garage Duey?

Watchin the presidential joke? I mean debate?

MarkD
10-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Grrr.... >:-(

What frickin kind of an idiot would actually try the coat-hangar trick on a car with a immobilizer alarm system?

Piss me off...wouldn't you know that insurance companies now include glass damage due to attempted theft as part of the $500 deductible for comprehensive...

Idiots!

p.s. at least on the bright side, the tint acted like a security film, keeping the shattered glass from flying all around the interior of the Beast. *sigh*

Grrrrr,
Duey

Hi Duey,

sorry to hear about that. They probably didn't want the car, but the sound system. I think that the tinted windows also attracts them as them they figure some young guy owns it and there must be some nice stereo in it also.

Mark

dave b
10-13-2004, 08:47 PM
When my window was shot out, it was $245, including installation where they come out to you.

However, I hear the window glass is about $90, and it didn't look that tough when I watched it...

andyman32
10-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Sorry Duey, that's really rotten. Where do you live?

I'm watching the presidental debacle. "You can worship whether you want to or not."

"We have an incredible constitution."

This is ridiculous.

Brian C.
10-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Just try to imagine the little crooks hanging by their toe nails over a bed of flaming crocodiles. :p Or something like that! It's over and done with so don't get yourself all worked up. Console yourself with the fact that statistically speaking, they have a much much better chance of dying a violent death than you or I. If they're lucky, they'll get caught someday and spend a few years as someone's bitch in State Prison. Those kinda thoughts are almost worth the $500 deductable, huh?! ;)

Brian C.
(...that's my work-survival thought working again!)
:D

DueyT
10-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks guys...needed the vent. :(

As it turns out, the glass shop found out that the window regulator rail was giving way and several of the nylon slider bushings had broken and the glass would have started to rub on raw metal in the near future...wouldn't have found that out until some snowstorm, I'm sure!:D

The owner of the company also likes me (have had three of my cars there for various work) and as opposed to the kid at the front desk, he said he'll do the whole job (including redoing the tins and fixing the regulator bushings) for $200 Cdn.http://www.cfpilots.ca/forum/images/smilies/dance.gif

Still miffed that it's money out of pocket, but could have been worse I suppose...Brian, your images help! :D

p.s. Jeff, I do have the garage but I've got the Charger in there with several 440 parts scattered all over the place and my power washer, and my welder and my widgets and.....well, you know how it is. :p Mark, I always take off the front for my radio, it should be pretty obvious that the stereo is a no-go...or so I thouhgt...

p.p.s. I tried to get my neighbour a few houses down from mine to do the K-9 job again...it was great a great deterrant to have the city police's K-9 Blazer sitting in the driveway a few doors down...

p.p.p.s. For my friends South of the 49th...if you though last night was something...you guys should study politics in the Great White North! *LOL*

Cheers all,
Duey

Mobius
10-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Hey, it's always better they break a window than try to smash out a lock or something.

A good friend had his Mustang run into while parked one day, and then woke up the next with all his stereo gear stolen. Except the gear was only worth about $1200 - the body damage came to $3500. They smashed all his locks out, and tried to use a crowbar or something on the trunk. If they'd just broken a window, it would've been a lot cheaper...

So yeah. Could've been much worse. :)

western99
10-14-2004, 04:09 PM
No one deserves this..

You got a beautiful car my friend. Where are you in Ontario?

DueyT
10-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Thanks W99, I'm in Kingston...irony is my neighbour is Kingston PD -- one of the ERT team lead Sgt.'s Unfortunately, his current, big bad blacked-out Suburban isn't nearly as much of a crime deterrent as his old, marked K-9 Blazer used to be. Part of me suspects that it was some of the schisse-disturbing teens that had previously egged a few garage doors (incl. mine)...grrrr.

I'll have to give the beast a nice wash and wax before I pull out the winter rims...*uhhhg*

Cheers,
Duey

western99
10-14-2004, 06:48 PM
I just finished waxing my car for the winter last weekend. I put 2 coats of clear coat sealer and 2 coats of wax. Now the winter rims come on late next month. I hate driving my car in the winter, but that is what these cars are made for.

I love the style 5 rims you have. I wanted those on my car. You have a gorgeous car. Nicely appointed. Next Spring/Summer I plan on having an Ontario get together. I will get Bruno out and some of the other locals out. I will let you know when that takes place.

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brianfarr2001/album?.dir=1876&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brianfarr2001/my_photos

Have a good one

Brian 95 525ia
200,000kms

Thanks W99, I'm in Kingston...irony is my neighbour is Kingston PD -- one of the ERT team lead Sgt.'s Unfortunately, his current, big bad blacked-out Suburban isn't nearly as much of a crime deterrent as his old, marked K-9 Blazer used to be. Part of me suspects that it was some of the schisse-disturbing teens that had previously egged a few garage doors (incl. mine)...grrrr.

I'll have to give the beast a nice wash and wax before I pull out the winter rims...*uhhhg*

Cheers,
Duey

DueyT
10-14-2004, 07:40 PM
W99, very nice wheels! I like the ///M #66's and the Motorsport spoiler...looks very sharp. Did you mention you were thinking of springs/shocks? Your car would really kick with the front dropped...the back looks just right as is!

Count me in for the spring get together...I got together with Mark D a few weeks ago for an impromptu scoot around the T.O. beaches and harbour in his very nice 93 M5, very nice ride he has there!

I've seen another black 94/95 540i (think it's an auto) kicking around Kingston, but I haven't gotten a hold of/met the owner yet. Looks like its running 16" basketweaves all around...nice shape.

re: winter....yeah, I'm not a big fan of going from:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/dnatown/540drvwy.jpg

to:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/dnatown/540wntr2.jpg

I think somebody mentioned a while ago that the Beast in winter trim looked like an Iraqi police car (or something like what Uday and Quasay Hussein were driving immediately before their demise...)

I'll post a pic after the next (last seasonal :( ?) wax job after I get the car back from the glass shop.

Cheers,
Duey

western99
10-14-2004, 07:51 PM
W99, very nice wheels! I like the ///M #66's and the Motorsport spoiler...looks very sharp. Did you mention you were thinking of springs/shocks? Your car would really kick with the front dropped...the back looks just right as is!

Count me in for the spring get together...I got together with Mark D a few weeks ago for an impromptu scoot around the T.O. beaches and harbour in his very nice 93 M5, very nice ride he has there!

I've seen another black 94/95 540i (think it's an auto) kicking around Kingston, but I haven't gotten a hold of/met the owner yet. Looks like its running 16" basketweaves all around...nice shape.

re: winter....yeah, I'm not a big fan of going from:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/dnatown/540drvwy.jpg

to:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/dnatown/540wntr2.jpg

I think somebody mentioned a while ago that the Beast in winter trim looked like an Iraqi police car (or something like what Uday and Quasay Hussein were driving immediately before their demise...)

I'll post a pic after the next (last seasonal :( ?) wax job after I get the car back from the glass shop.

Cheers,
Duey

rockyfeller
10-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Yes, Duey, that's why we still have capital punishment over the border down here...Sorry to hear someone could assault the beast like that! When you're pretty everyone is just jealous.