PDA

View Full Version : Hot Air blowing from the left side with the AC on

grave77
10-10-2004, 06:43 PM
I had this problem long time ago ... it either mixes hot and cold ... or the air pressure is low from my side ( Left ) I have disabled the hot water valves but the pressure still low. I thought it's and electrical issue but seems like the flappers are not functioning properly. plz I need a diagram or a quick tip.

Thanks in advance

andyman32
10-10-2004, 06:59 PM
I have something similar: A/C only blows out of the mid-level vents; even with A/C on full blast, hot air blows out of the high and low vents. I don't know much about A/C vents, motors, flaps, etc., so I'm reluctant to go in there and poke around.

grave77
10-10-2004, 07:03 PM
so are you able to sort this problem out yet? I had the wiring diagram of the 735i 91 model it was a mess! but I need a start ... pulling out all these wires is an italian pasta !! I dont wanna get into this mess without a start.

andyman32
10-10-2004, 07:13 PM
I don't know how similar the 735 is to the 535. Do you have the Bentley's manual? I'm not sure how thorough its treatment of the climate control system is. Wait until someone more knowledgeable than myself responds; I've just put up with the a/c only coming through the mid-level vents.

There's a rattle that sounds like a loose flap in a right-side duct when the car gets up to highway speeds (over 60 or so), so I think that might be connected with the air flow problem. I'm as interested as you are to hear what the other guys have to say about it.

grave77
10-10-2004, 07:20 PM
the 735 has the same setup of the 535 I can say it 99% identical maybe the air paths might be abit differant but after all electrical wise they would be the same. sure you u have to notice the model 89 - 91 some few differances are there. sure I'm waiting for someone ... cuz the only advice I got from the technican was removing the dashboard and check !! hell to spend =)