PDA

View Full Version : So I was driving today... and...

Jon K
10-10-2004, 01:01 AM
i notice a lot of commotion at the 5 point intersection. light is green... so i proceed through it at the 45mph speed limit... not dazing off, but not expecting anything ridiculous to happen. all of a sudden the car in my lane (right lane) floors his brakes and comes to a complete stop at the traffic light but on the opposite side of the intersection, he lowers his window... he asks the "VOTE KERRY!" guy (the reason for the commotion was because they Pro Kerry people decided it was an ingenious idea to have 20 promoters in the same intersection) for one of his display card/signs... so i brake, car behind me barely brakes, the car behind him pulls onto the shoulder because he couldn't brake... wow guys. Needless to say, how many here are pro Kerry? Thank god I am pro Bush, and the promoters for Bush have enough common sense to not pile into one intersection and tell people to beep and stop.... geniouses, i swear.

kiNGMak
10-10-2004, 01:22 AM
GO BUSH.. you should watch it when you say you are pro bush.. A LOT of liberals on this board...

PhilipJCaputo
10-10-2004, 01:16 PM
I don't think you need to be worried about voicing your Pro Bush stance (GO BUSH!!).... I think the thing to be worried about was not starting the thread with an OT:

rickm
10-10-2004, 02:42 PM
I would have dialed the police non emergency number and had those idiots moved.

A few years ago I was driving home on my bike and there was a rally going on and some guy ran in front of me screaming about his cause. Had I been in the car I would have run him over, since I was on my bike I decided not to (though in hindsight, I should have).

SharkmanBMW
10-10-2004, 08:45 PM
i seriously question the intelligence of any of you that say Go BUSH.... go to hell maybe!

Jon K
10-10-2004, 09:26 PM
i seriously question the intelligence of any of you that say Go BUSH.... go to hell maybe!

I'm 19, how about you?

.... i seriously question the maturity of people saying "go to hell!"

Alan_525i
10-10-2004, 09:30 PM
EDIT: I decided to take down my post because this is neither the place or time for such debate. If any of you want to talk politics, PM me or arsilver33 on AIM.

Vote Kerry.

Rigmaster
10-10-2004, 09:38 PM
What does any of this have to do with BMW's?? I am so tired of the election commercials, BS debates and general mudslinging- I cannot wait until 1 day AFTER election day....

Back to BMW's?? PLEASE!

Bret.

632 Regal
10-10-2004, 09:49 PM
The absolute best president that never was!

andyman32
10-11-2004, 05:54 PM
I have to go with Bret on this one. Politics are highly polarized in the U.S. right now, and not everyone has a substantial rational ground for their political affiliations. IOW, these kinds of passing comments are good for nothing but starting a shouting match. Totally irrelevant to our group BMW love fest.

:p

632 Regal
10-11-2004, 06:36 PM
and make asses out of everyone! LOL

Jon K
10-11-2004, 07:30 PM
and make asses out of everyone! LOL

I posted here because it emphasized the E34 braking capabilities that i had to exhibit while braking from 60 to 0 in the middle of an intersection...

632 Regal
10-11-2004, 08:33 PM
I posted here because it emphasized the E34 braking capabilities that i had to exhibit while braking from 60 to 0 in the middle of an intersection...

Jon K
10-11-2004, 11:49 PM
oh ok, fair.

Patrick
10-12-2004, 02:00 AM
"Needless to say" is right. This whole post is irrelevant -and it's a bit thin to seek an out by trying to make it about your E34's braking ability. Rick is right, if it was as much a hazard as you say it was you should have called the police -I did this last year when a local Little League was holding a charity car wash -in the freakin' street!
Two weeks ago I was held on the taxiway at O'Hare for 45 minutes while dumbass Bush or the Anti-Christ Cheney flew overhead eastbound. They didn't win any votes from me or the 300 people on my plane, or the 25 or so other commercial flights they delayed. Which leads me to wonder how little confidence they must have in the TSA but that's a different rant.

Jon K
10-12-2004, 11:26 AM
"Needless to say" is right. This whole post is irrelevant -and it's a bit thin to seek an out by trying to make it about your E34's braking ability. Rick is right, if it was as much a hazard as you say it was you should have called the police -I did this last year when a local Little League was holding a charity car wash -in the freakin' street!
Two weeks ago I was held on the taxiway at O'Hare for 45 minutes while dumbass Bush or the Anti-Christ Cheney flew overhead eastbound. They didn't win any votes from me or the 300 people on my plane, or the 25 or so other commercial flights they delayed. Which leads me to wonder how little confidence they must have in the TSA but that's a different rant.

the reference to my braking was a touch of sarcasm and humour, obviously passing over yiour head as well, lighten up it's the internet, not your mother, you DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT.

JonE
10-12-2004, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=Jon K]all of a sudden the car in my lane (right lane) floors his brakes and comes to a complete stop at the traffic light but on the opposite side of the intersection, he lowers his window... he asks the "VOTE KERRY!" guy (the reason for the commotion was because they Pro Kerry people decided it was an ingenious idea to have 20 promoters in the same intersection) for one of his display card/signs...

"desparate men will do desparate things..."

rickm
10-12-2004, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=Jon K]all of a sudden the car in my lane (right lane) floors his brakes and comes to a complete stop at the traffic light but on the opposite side of the intersection, he lowers his window... he asks the "VOTE KERRY!" guy (the reason for the commotion was because they Pro Kerry people decided it was an ingenious idea to have 20 promoters in the same intersection) for one of his display card/signs...

"desparate men will do desparate things..."

So will desperate ones. :D

andyman32
10-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Mwaa ha ha. Shrubbers can't catch a break.

Anyhow, I'm sure there are lots of great flaming threads on the OT forum, eh? Maybe this is a bit sensitive to talk about here?

So will desperate ones. :D

rickm
10-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Mwaa ha ha. Shrubbers can't catch a break.

Anyhow, I'm sure there are lots of great flaming threads on the OT forum, eh? Maybe this is a bit sensitive to talk about here?

Not a direct stab at any party. Politics and religion are not good online. :)

There are some classic threads...they're ok until they result in name calling.

andyman32
10-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Lolligagger!!!!

DANDY!!!

:p

Brian C.
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
;)

Brian C.
(hee-hee!)