PDA

View Full Version : How does factory roof rack mount?

impster
10-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Greetings!

I'm preparing to paint my wife's '95 touring and as I'm a firm believing in masking no more than is absolutely necessary, I plan to remove every trim piece possible. However, my Bentleys makes no mention of how the original equipment factory roof rails mount to the roof of the car. And I see no obvious bolts/screws/whatever that can be loosened so as to remove.

Does anyone know how to detach the roof rack rails from the roof of the car?

Thanks in advance,
Tony Fontaine

Elekta
10-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Greetings!

I'm preparing to paint my wife's '95 touring and as I'm a firm believing in masking no more than is absolutely necessary, I plan to remove every trim piece possible. However, my Bentleys makes no mention of how the original equipment factory roof rails mount to the roof of the car. And I see no obvious bolts/screws/whatever that can be loosened so as to remove.

Does anyone know how to detach the roof rack rails from the roof of the car?

Thanks in advance,
Tony Fontaine

My guess is from under the headliner.

Ever thought of painting the racks to blend in?

Springfield1952
10-08-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm planning on painting several things on my Touring this winter and I've thought of painting the rails to make them blend in better. I don't know how they're held on but if you find out, please post the procedure.

Good luck.

Curt.
1994 530iT

ScottyWM
10-08-2004, 07:51 PM
I had my headliner out for a couple weeks this summer. Didn't notice anything holding the roof rails, but then I wasn't specifically looking...