PDA

View Full Version : 535i loses power

gushmagesh
10-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Guys help

My '92 auto 535i was driving fine until a while ago. I was driving up a stip hill at like 30kph behind a long truck. Now I know a 535 can move, so I took that truck in seconds. now every time I take off very fast it loses power when it shifts to no.2, It's like it jumps a gear or something. this started happening from the day I overtook that truck, and I'm not as confident on the road anymore. Someone please help.

632 Regal
10-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Guys help

My '92 auto 535i was driving fine until a while ago. I was driving up a stip hill at like 30kph behind a long truck. Now I know a 535 can move, so I took that truck in seconds. now every time I take off very fast it loses power when it shifts to no.2, It's like it jumps a gear or something. this started happening from the day I overtook that truck, and I'm not as confident on the road anymore. Someone please help.

gushmagesh
10-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks Regal for your reply.
Well I've never driven an auto before I bought from a cop. engine M30 engine super clean, quiet with a huge exhaust system. very loud at low revs. Someone mentioned that a computer detected change in style of driving and readjusted the transmition, I don't know. I'm gonna send some pictures soon. Like I said, the car drives very smooth but once I take off to fast, it feels like it skips no.2, that's when the Hondas catch me. I don't know much about autos, but I know something aint right.
Thanks again for more tips.