PDA

View Full Version : E34 wont stop chiming

wyldchyld
10-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Lately my car has begun to chime about 5 minutes after it has been parked and the key has been removed. Doors locked or unlocked, open or closed. Usually the next time I go to drive it the battery is dead and I have to bump or jump start it. The battery is fine, had that tested. It also sometimes chimes 5 to 10 times to indicate seatbelt needs to be fastened. I'm not sure where to begin with this one...any ideas?? Thank you in advance, hoping you can set me in the right direction.

rockyfeller
10-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Disconnect the chime speaker for now so you can find the cause of the malfunction...at least u won't kill the battery. The chime is only useful to remind you to shut off the lights anyways.

wyldchyld
10-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a great idea......I found a location for the "chime module" listed in my manual, says its located "below LH side of dash, mounted in hush panel". I'm assuming that its located under that small carpeted panel above the gas pedal. I couldnt find an entry or reference to it in the book anywhere else so how do I disconnect it properly?