PDA

View Full Version : erratic reving ,no throttle response. Anybody got an ideea?

skr
10-03-2004, 03:54 PM
strange thing happend today. was driving my 89 524td( i know it's realy low-power, but gas costs 4$ a gallon where i come from) and i noticed that it was not accelerating as it should ,especialy in higher rev range. it seemed to go fine till around 75 mph and then loose power. after a while i was going up a hill , full throttle to keep it climbing (third gead i think, reved at about 2300) and suddenly my rev meter went to 0 and the car started pulling like it should. after a few seconds the throttle didn't respond anymore and the engine started reving and unreving erraticly. i stopped the engine, looked around, couldn't see nothing wrong and tryed to start it again. it started realy hard and was doing the same thing. stopped it and had a friend pull me home. the car isn't at my place now so i didn't get to check anything. anybody got an idea about this? i guess maybe it's the electronic throttle or something... whould realy appreciate some help.

632 Regal
10-03-2004, 05:38 PM
crank trigger? Loose/shorting wires?

skr
10-04-2004, 12:21 PM
crank trigger? Loose/shorting wires?
it seems to be some kind of electrical problem with the fuel pump wireing. i had someone look into it but didn't exactly find the problem. the previous owner kinda messed up the wireing...
thanks for the advice. appreciate it

632 Regal
10-04-2004, 12:59 PM
good find, just clean and redo the connections where you see splices, probably corossion