PDA

View Full Version : Brake rip off

TTyMiller
10-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Hello All,

I took my car in to have the brakes done Rotors, Pads. I have done pads before but just didn't feel like doing it myself. Anyway the shop didn't put my covers back on the pads. Also the pads are a copper color, I told them to use BMW parts only rotors also. I know BMW pads are black I'm pretty sure. Can anyone tell me if BMW has a copper colored pad. Also does BMW have a mark on thier rotors to indicate its OE. Thanks I'm gonna rip these guys a new one tomorrow.

632 Regal
10-03-2004, 05:47 PM
if you want something done right you have to do it yourself...that sucks man.

winfred
10-03-2004, 06:09 PM
are you sure the copper color is not a "stop squeel spray" the stuff i use is blue but i think theres a ton of different ones, as for rotors theres usually some kind of markings/part #'s

632 Regal
10-03-2004, 07:21 PM
I dont use that stop squeel crap! My kid digs listening to it and telling me why its happening.

are you sure the copper color is not a "stop squeel spray" the stuff i use is blue but i think theres a ton of different ones, as for rotors theres usually some kind of markings/part #'s

winfred
10-03-2004, 07:52 PM
what i've found to shut up the 535 is a good hard stomp from about 120 once a month, i have those older "new improved compound' pbr organic's the current compound is ok

I dont use that stop squeel crap! My kid digs listening to it and telling me why its happening.