PDA

View Full Version : winshield filler/weather strip

panzershreck
10-02-2004, 10:54 AM
the black plastic strip that sits in between the windshield and the body itself, part of it has broken off, thus allowing water to seep into the cabin...

anybody know where i might be able to find these parts? i've haven't had any luck finding them...

Mr. BILL
10-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Probably the stealer.

If you are talking about the black "frame" that runs around the top and both sides of the windshield, that's an expensive part, over $250. I had a windshield replaced a while back and they put a generic rubber one on instead. I think it was around $20. Only a true BMW purist would know/care the difference. It looked fine and never leaked.

You might check with a local windshield repair guy.

Jr ///M5
10-03-2004, 06:56 AM
You can get the trim around the windshield from BMA for about $75 each side. Your problem with leakage isn't from this trim part.

Chances are, your windshield has been replaced before and they didn't install it correctly. If it is leaking now, before you replace the trim, try to find the leak with a garden hose and seal it up. Or take it to a shop and have them re-seat the window. There are clips that need to be installed underneath the window that hold on the window trim. Yours could be broken from the previous window replacement. Add the clips to your order when you buy the window trim.

Scott H. had an excellent write up about window replacement, but I have no idea where it went??? Maybe someone can point the way to the link for you.

Jr