PDA

View Full Version : Got her to fire up tonight...

Mr. BILL
10-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I got everything put together tonight and tried to start it up. No go. I could tell it was getting fuel by the smell. So, I figured it must be spark. As I was cleaning up, to call it a night, I noticed something laying on the floor. It was the ROTOR! What an idiot I am!

So, I installed the rotor, held my breath and turned the key. It stumbled and sputtered, but the engine caught and in 5-10 seconds, it was idling smooth and quiet! Then, I saw some smoke coming from under the exhaust manifold. I decided it was all the PB Blaster I used to get the studs off burning itself off.

Just to make sure I shut it down. The smoke continued after the engine was off. so I'm fairly certain it's the PB Blaster burning off. Plus, there's no leaking exhaust noise.

After a few minutes, I tried starting it up again, but this time, it wouldn't fire. I let it sit for an hour or two and it started again. I have to nurse the throttle for the first 3-5 seconds to get it to idle. I shut it off after a minute or two and tried to re-start. It stumbled and died before I could touch the gas to keep it going.

It smells like it's running too rich. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, I'd especially like to thank winfred for all his help. Thanks to everyone who responded, but winfred, you're the man!

winfred
10-01-2004, 10:44 PM
make sure that the tps is clicking, if it is a little more run time may get it to even out, sometimes they take a while to wake up after major work

Mr. BILL
10-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks again winfred.