PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer CDX-M30 v. BMW CDX-M91

all2kool
10-01-2004, 08:11 PM
So, I have the Pioneer CDX-M30 and go to plug it into my 1992 525i, which is factory wired for a 6-Disc Changer. However, it doesn't plug in without an adapter - which is like $60 - if you can find one. Alas, a Power Connector adapter is also needed as the CDX-M30 is NOT plug-n-play to the factory harness in a 1992 525i. What I did discover is that the BMW CDX-M91 will just plug right in. Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks - again.
So I will be glad to sell the nearly new Pioneer CDX-M30 I have. Comes with two mounting brackets, cartridge and 6" of the rectangular adapter. I paid almost $160 for it but it goes for $95 to the first taker.

winfred
10-01-2004, 08:50 PM
i have both plus a cdx-m6 and i like the m30 best, it uses the old style common magazines, skips less over bumps and has a stronger face plate on the changer, the m6 uses a shitty el-cheepo magazine, the m91's face plate doesn't take much to break from crap flying around in the trunk, but uses the old magazines like the m30

So, I have the Pioneer CDX-M30 and go to plug it into my 1992 525i, which is factory wired for a 6-Disc Changer. However, it doesn't plug in without an adapter - which is like $60 - if you can find one. Alas, a Power Connector adapter is also needed as the CDX-M30 is NOT plug-n-play to the factory harness in a 1992 525i. What I did discover is that the BMW CDX-M91 will just plug right in. Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks - again.
So I will be glad to sell the nearly new Pioneer CDX-M30 I have. Comes with two mounting brackets, cartridge and 6" of the rectangular adapter. I paid almost $160 for it but it goes for $95 to the first taker.