PDA

View Full Version : block heater question

gsotis
09-27-2004, 08:45 PM
I just picked up my BMW, and tonight i decided to find out were the block heater plug is, and to my surprise it doesnt have, or it might just be in some wierd hidden place that i couldnt find. can u guys let me know if it is possible to instal a block heater and how hard and expensive a job it is, or even let me know were the plug should be. thanks alot eveyone in advance.

632 Regal
09-27-2004, 09:21 PM
I just picked up my BMW, and tonight i decided to find out were the block heater plug is, and to my surprise it doesnt have, or it might just be in some wierd hidden place that i couldnt find. can u guys let me know if it is possible to instal a block heater and how hard and expensive a job it is, or even let me know were the plug should be. thanks alot eveyone in advance.

TC535i
09-27-2004, 09:52 PM
I remember back in Toronto, lots of cars had block heaters, on normal gas cars.

632 Regal
09-28-2004, 10:42 AM
I remember back in Toronto, lots of cars had block heaters, on normal gas cars.

ryan roopnarine
09-28-2004, 11:06 AM
are you interested in just a plain jane one that goes in your block drain outlet? i don't have a v8 so i don't know where it is, but i'm sure someone with the m60 could tell you, and you could take the plug out and have one sized for your car.

gsotis
09-28-2004, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=ryan roopnarine]are you interested in just a plain jane one that goes in your block drain outlet? i don't have a v8 so i don't know where it is, but i'm sure someone with the m60 could tell you, and you could take the plug out and have one sized for your car.[/QUOT

i was just wondering if there is away to install one, because iam up in Canada, and the winters here get extreamly cold, and lots of days when you get up in the morning to start your car it wont even crank over, so its good to have one.