PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Bruno, a few suggestions

bimmerd00d
09-27-2004, 01:39 PM
After realizing that your subframe and thrust arm bushing inserts are a great value for the result, what's to stop you from making other products? I would be very interested in some urethane shifter bushings, tranny mounts, engine mounts, and whatever else there is that could stiffen up the driveline. I am sure im not the only one who would buy those. UUC does in fact upgraded bushings, but they cost an arm and a leg!!!!!

Jon K
09-27-2004, 01:42 PM
After realizing that your subframe and thrust arm bushing inserts are a great value for the result, what's to stop you from making other products? I would be very interested in some urethane shifter bushings, tranny mounts, engine mounts, and whatever else there is that could stiffen up the driveline. I am sure im not the only one who would buy those. UUC does in fact upgraded bushings, but they cost an arm and a leg!!!!!

Myself included. I am willing to accept transmitted vibration in place of rigidity. I've talked with Brandon H and we would like to see something comparable to the UUC transmission mounts with the enforcers, only not at $100... your stuff looks premium and affordable. No one yet makes engine mounts for these cars. Maybe solid or urethane..hmm...

Bruno
09-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Well, because I am not Dinan and I am a one man operation with a day job.... I cannot get too deep into developping or manufacturing parts that don't sell.

I learned my lessons on the MAF, did better on the oil canister kit for the M30.

Now I just want to supply dirty cheap parts that improve the car without breaking the customer's piggy bank.

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_techtip/techtips/e36_tranny_mount.htm
This link is for installing the 320i transmission mounts instead of the weak E34 / E32 ones.
I installed them on my 535i and sold them to a couple of customers. They are pretty stiff and are very cheap.

They are stiff enough. I could develop something like the enforcer and make a huge batch of them, but I don't know if enough people would be interested.

By the way my 540i rear brakes are for sale again: Vented Rotors + callipers + carrier + clips: 150 US + shipping cost.

bimmerd00d
09-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Well, because I am not Dinan and I am a one man operation with a day job.... I cannot get too deep into developping or manufacturing parts that don't sell.

I learned my lessons on the MAF, did better on the oil canister kit for the M30.

Now I just want to supply dirty cheap parts that improve the car without breaking the customer's piggy bank.

This link is for installing the 320i transmission mounts instead of the weak E34 / E32 ones.
I installed them on my 535i and sold them to a couple of customers. They are pretty stiff and are very cheap.

They are stiff enough. I could develop something like the enforcer and make a huge batch of them, but I don't know if enough people would be interested.

By the way my 540i rear brakes are for sale again: Vented Rotors + callipers + carrier + clips: 150 US + shipping cost.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give me a total shipped cost to Dallas, TX 75225. If that's the case, I have 2 brand new 525i Balo rear rotors, and Raybestos QS pads for sale.

Bruno
09-27-2004, 04:17 PM
I will take some pics and package everything, it will be shipped fedex ground or postal service as you wish.

bimmerd00d
09-27-2004, 04:32 PM
I will take some pics and package everything, it will be shipped fedex ground or postal service as you wish.

Which rotors are they?

rreimund
11-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Ok, so I know I'm resurrecting an old thread from the dead.. I had a question about these upgraded tranny mounts.. Anyone using these since this post? The instructions seem to be for E36's... do they apply directly to the E34? How do the instructions vary?

Bruno
11-03-2005, 07:13 AM
I installed a lot of 320i tranny mounts in E34s, the only modification is drilling a larger hole for tranmission cross member.
Instructions are exactly the same.

rreimund
11-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Awesome thanks..
I take it the correct part number for my 1990 535 would be the 88-91 M3 - #23711130400 ?

Bruno
11-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Awesome thanks..
I take it the correct part number for my 1990 535 would be the 88-91 M3 - #23711130400 ?

I always used this one: 23 71 1 175 424, Transmission Mount from the '82 320i