PDA

View Full Version : SOT: new M6 spy shots

Kamil
09-27-2004, 10:27 AM
http://www.carfreaks.net/gallery/m6_e63_spy

I like it!!
I like the 6-series... much more than the current 5 series... and certainly much more than the 7-series which I hate.
Saw a fully loaded 545i yesterday... looked good.

http://www.carfreaks.net/albums/m6_e63_spy/img_0259.jpg
http://www.carfreaks.net/albums/m6_e63_spy/img_0548.jpg

632 Regal
09-27-2004, 10:54 AM
dont look like BMW style, too roundish. the more i look at it the stupider I think it looks...ick.

scott540
09-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Is that a volkswagon Corrado?

Jeff N.
09-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Looks meaty. They still need to tweek that trunk line somehow.

I'd like to see BMW build an M-car that doesn't weight 2 tons.

Jeff

andyman32
09-27-2004, 12:33 PM
That 6 does look pretty cool, but it also looks more Italian than German. I still can't get into the new 5s and 7s, though I agree with Kamil that the new 5 is slightly less unappealing than the 7. I can't help but think that BMW jumped on the "hideous-chique" bandwagon, along with the Chrysler 300, Lincoln Town Car, Dodge Magnum, etc.

Now that I have both an E34 and an E39, I'm starting to think more and more every day that the E34 was really BMW's perfection of all cars aesthetically, and possibly mechanically as well.

Brian C.
09-27-2004, 07:39 PM
....and I gotta say that I think it's not too bad at all. By looks alone, the new 7 hasn't ever thrilled me, and the more I see new 5's the more I'm completely underwhelmed by them. They're the kind of vehicle that looks OK in some colors while in others they look awful. Very Maxima-ish.

But a couple of times now I've done a bit of a whiplash to the neck when a new 2-door goes past. The new rear end is there alright, but it's kinda squeezed sideways on the 6's rear. It follows the lines to the trunk lid quite well I think. I saw a ragtop parked a few weeks ago and was close to salivating. I'll take one of them babies in dark blue thank you very much! :p I'm thinking that the M6 should be quite a beast!

Brian C.

Jr ///M5
09-27-2004, 08:53 PM
The sides are great! I love the way the body rolls out to capture the wheel wells. Kind of reminds me of the E30 M3, the way the sides of the car swell to accept tires and wheels that are for track use.

But as my eyes follow the lines from the rear wheel forward toward the front of the car.....they stop. Right at that ignorant design that some stupid sombith thought was cool. I'm talking about the "4 corners" where the headlights, hood, fender and grill intersect. If that isn't ugly enough, they kept smearing ugly all over the front of the car, from the fugly headlights to the grill. It looks too much like a Z4 in the front, a design I really do not care for at all.

The rear of the car is a little more easier to take, but the trunkline opening that ruins the side of the car, looks like an afterthought.

What the hell were they thinking? The overall shape is alright, they just didn't put any originality into the design, by borrowing too much from other uglier designs like the Z4.

And those mirrors, look like something that belongs on Prince Charles....=)

There...that's my rant! Thanks for listening...=)

Jr
'91 ///M5 (when they made 'em by hand)

bighc2000
09-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Well, its a nice shade of blue. Sat in the new 6er during the local Komen event. Seems cheaply finished. I think Bimmer magazine called it a 75,000 dollar GTO (Pontiac that is). And Bimmer is a kiss ass mag.

Scott C
09-27-2004, 09:11 PM
I like the grill?
Scott

casurfer911
09-28-2004, 03:39 AM
I've driven a 645 with smg. That is truly an amazing car to drive.

bahnstormer
09-28-2004, 06:07 AM
looks like acura CL =\