PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure Regulator failure symptoms

grave77
09-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Hi Guys … I need to know how you know when this regulator fails. What are the symptoms?

ryan roopnarine
09-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Hi Guys … I need to know how you know when this regulator fails. What are the symptoms?

http://bmwe32.student.utwente.nl/sean750/fuel_pressure_regulators/FuelPressureRegulators.htm

winfred
09-25-2004, 09:17 PM
the 3 general ways one can fail, locks up and sends full pump pressure to the injectors, blows up and sends all of the fuel back to the tank through the return line, diaphram ruptures and blows fuel through the vacuum line into the intake manifold.

grave77
09-26-2004, 06:30 PM
So ... If I tried to make a simple test .. by sucking the air from the regulator by installing an external pipe.
now if I blew in the pipe that should load more pressure on the injectors and then this will choke the engine… I’m just supposing this.

Do think so ??

winfred
09-26-2004, 06:35 PM
that regulator does not really work that way, but you can pinch off the return line and over feed the injectors and affect the way it's running

So ... If I tried to make a simple test .. by sucking the air from the regulator by installing an external pipe.
now if I blew in the pipe that should load more pressure on the injectors and then this will choke the engine… I’m just supposing this.

Do think so ??

myblack540i
09-27-2004, 10:10 AM
my car wouldn't start.........

grave77
10-10-2004, 06:01 PM
well today I pinched it and the engine just got smooth !! no rugh idle .. what do you think ? I have removed the air pipe sucked the air out of it and blew but nothing changed anything but pinching it made the engine smoother as I said.