PDA

View Full Version : Hey Winfred, you got skillz to swap in the ...

Jeff N.
09-25-2004, 11:45 AM
... guts of an E30 diffy into an E34 housing? Hear it all fits, need to find someone I trust to get it assembled correctly....

Jeff

632 Regal
09-25-2004, 01:26 PM
probably be easier to pick an assembly with the gears you need, by time you get all the proper shims, crush collar and swap the bearing shims back and forth its pretty much not worth it. I can do these all day long and choose to just use one that works.

winfred
09-25-2004, 09:03 PM
that about covers it, i've not done one yet but am planning to rebuild the worn out posi unit in the 4.27 that i've harvested from the yard for my 535

probably be easier to pick an assembly with the gears you need, by time you get all the proper shims, crush collar and swap the bearing shims back and forth its pretty much not worth it. I can do these all day long and choose to just use one that works.

632 Regal
09-26-2004, 08:27 PM
It's not actually that bad if you do them all the time and have a handfull of extra shims and enough beer to get it all set up with a good pattern, then put a load on it and check the pattern and realize that it all changes and do it again...probably a 1 case job with all the extra parts hangin around.