PDA

View Full Version : New radio suggestions needed!

Black 535i
09-23-2004, 01:34 PM
My factory radio is starting to go on the fritz and although I can acquire another of the same I would rather go with a completely new radio/CD player in dash. This would allow me to get rid of the large and intrusive CD changer in the trunk. Any suggestions? I would like to keep it all under $400.00 installed and would also like to keep the orange face of the numbers on the displays as well as the black face of the unit. Anyone have any suggestions or previous experience with this? Would appreciate any help as this could die any day soon!

632 Regal
09-23-2004, 06:43 PM
My factory radio is starting to go on the fritz and although I can acquire another of the same I would rather go with a completely new radio/CD player in dash. This would allow me to get rid of the large and intrusive CD changer in the trunk. Any suggestions? I would like to keep it all under $400.00 installed and would also like to keep the orange face of the numbers on the displays as well as the black face of the unit. Anyone have any suggestions or previous experience with this? Would appreciate any help as this could die any day soon!

Mobius
09-23-2004, 11:51 PM
I've got a Clarion DXZ835MP - and it's an excellent deck. Unfortunately, it's last year's model so they're not as easy to find now. Ebay still has a couple listed.

The display allows for an almost infinite color adjustment - but if you use the setting for "pale orange" it almost perfectly matches BMW's illumination.

http://home.comcast.net/~rjchristie2/SA/535i/2914m.JPG

Also, Nakamichi's line of head units blends well with BMW interiors - and they're fantastic decks to boot.

Paul in NZ
09-24-2004, 04:55 AM
they have multi cd in dash units too....

Scott C
09-25-2004, 06:10 AM
How difficult is it to connect to existing antenna system? Or do you have to put in a seperate antenna?
Thanks,
Scott

bimmerd00d
09-25-2004, 08:31 AM
http://www.bimmerd00d.com/images/DCP02564.JPG

Nakamichi CD-400.