PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding what to do about paint.....

pdxbmw525i
09-23-2004, 01:44 AM
Hello
I have a '93 525i beige colored E34. I have a couple of paint problems and am not sure what can be done to repair the paint.

First, I have some paint peeling/cracking around/under the front hood emblem. I know it's just going to get worse. It isn't really visable because it's happening in the recess where the emblem sits in. I was thinking about just using an exacto knife and cutting away the small peels and repainting it to match. I know...a cheapo move but like I said it's not very visable.

Second, There is a paint bubble/or peeling that is located on the passenger side panel over the front wheel. It's just under a ridge on the panel. The bubble is about an 1" to 1-1/2" long by about 1/2" wide. It has a thin crack in the center, which I'm worried about water getting in and peeling/bubbling even more. I'm not sure what to do here. I'm thinking about taking it to a body shop but I'm not sure if the whole panel needs to be repainted or if the bubbled area can be repaired.

I know that this car has had the hood repainted and either both front side panels or just the one with the bubble has been repainted. I bought this car about a year and a half ago and have no idea where the car was painted. All I know it wasn't a good one.

If anyone has had a similar experience or recommendations on what to do I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

pdxbmw525i