PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Question

myblack540i
09-22-2004, 07:46 PM
I just ordered Bosch F7LDCR spark plugs for my '95 540. Bavauto shipped me F8LDCR's. Is that the same plug or an acceptable plug for my car?

Any help appreciated

winfred
09-22-2004, 08:24 PM
they should work, i can't remember if higher #s on bosch is colder or hotter because ngk is the oposite and it's been a while, it's only one heat range off and shouldn't cause much if any trouble

I just ordered Bosch F7LDCR spark plugs for my '95 540. Bavauto shipped me F8LDCR's. Is that the same plug or an acceptable plug for my car?

Any help appreciated

tim
09-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Bavauto knows what they're doing and a quick call would clear it up quick and if they sent you the wrong ones, I'm sure they wouldn't want you to use them. FWIW I have an alusil block and I use F7L DCR. As Winfred said it can't be real far off (and if you have a Nik block, you're probably better off running hotter), only thing I'd be worried about is if the F8 has a different gap spec- as these are non adjustable.

wengenstein
09-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm actually waiting on 8 F7LDCR's from Bavauto right now, aparently they're back ordered. I wonder if I'll end up with a set of F8LDCR plugs too. :)

Any help appreciated

myblack540i
09-23-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm actually waiting on 8 F7LDCR's from Bavauto right now, aparently they're back ordered. I wonder if I'll end up with a set of F8LDCR plugs too. :)

I spoke to Bavauto today. Apparently Bosch has a huge backorder on F7LDCR plugs and huge surplus of F8LDCR's. According to guy that I spoke to, he checked with Bosch directly and was told that "F8"'s were virtually "the same" and only that were just a little bit cooler than the F7's but that they will work fine.

OK - I'll bite. I'll put them in this weekend. I'm sure if I have problems, Bavauto will back me up.

winfred
09-23-2004, 07:22 PM
BKR6EK ngk's are what i generally install in place of F7LDCR