PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, few questions

540EXPRESS
09-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Whats up everyone. Im new to the Bimmer forums but not to BMW's. I have a few questions. I want to do a few mods to the 540 and would like your opioions. First off:

Where is the best deal on smoked turn signals? I looked everywhere but only found that beckers has them. Im sure you guys will know.

Whats the easiest way to find out whether I have a nickisil or alisuil motor, im sure I spelled that wrong.

Is it worth putting a chip in the 540? I have not seen to many offered and was looking for your input.

Thanks for any info, Jon

myblack540i
09-22-2004, 04:19 PM
www.koalamotorsport.com for answers about Nikasil v. Alusil. Click on the "most requested page", you'll see what I mean when you get there.

Smoked turn signals... www.bavauto.com, maybe

632 Regal
09-22-2004, 04:41 PM
smoked on Ebay sometimes.

EAT chip runs good in the 540s.

get the serials for the optional Nikasil then get the front end up on ramps, slide under the front and put your eyes directly infront of the starter looking straight up and write all the numbers down. Hopefully you have the Nikasil option!

:D

540EXPRESS
09-23-2004, 12:08 AM
smoked on Ebay sometimes.

EAT chip runs good in the 540s.

get the serials for the optional Nikasil then get the front end up on ramps, slide under the front and put your eyes directly infront of the starter looking straight up and write all the numbers down. Hopefully you have the Nikasil option!

:D
Jeff,
According to the article by Kolala from the link that was provided above, the Alisul motor is the upgraded motor from BMW, Im not sure why you like the Nikasil engine. Still no smoked turns on ebay, i checked about 10 pages. bavauto does not carry them either. Any other suggestions? THX

632 Regal
09-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Im not sure why you like the Nikasil engine.

Shaun
09-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Ooops. Me dumb. ;)