PDA

View Full Version : Any DME Schematics or DME Chip source code?

grave77
09-21-2004, 06:33 PM
I need the schematic diagram of the DME for the E34 535i 90 model, the reason is for a project I have in mind. I also need the source code for the DME main chip ( standard OEM ). I couldn't get anything from the web at all.

Anyone does plz e-mail me .......... grave77@eim.ae

632 Regal
09-21-2004, 09:30 PM
going to give out their info.

Jeff N.
09-21-2004, 09:42 PM
...all that will do is give you the compiled code in binary or hex. The real trick is to decomplile / reverse engineer it back to the source code.

Then, once you have that, you can figure out - by reading at the microprocessor assembly code level - the logic flow and how it references the various data tables. Then, you can start monkeying with the data tables...

That's what the Mark D's and Jim C's of the world have done.

Piece of cake, huh? :D

AllanS
09-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Are you using the Porsche motronic editor? Is that still available?

I have an older 059 bin, and an unknown m30 (date is 1992).

Craig
09-21-2004, 11:20 PM
I've got the 059 binary somewhere at work, I'll see if I can't find it. As for the schematic of the chip, I'm pretty sure it's a garden variety Intel 2764, the datasheets showing the pinout for these are on Intel's website.

There is a DME that the Porsche guys use, search mye28.com for "DME Editor" and you should be able to find a link to the program. You can make changes to it yourself if you have a way to burn a new chip.

Derek A.
09-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Didn't see a link on that site for the program. Anyone have a URL ?

632 Regal
09-22-2004, 09:55 AM
...all that will do is give you the compiled code in binary or hex. The real trick is to decomplile / reverse engineer it back to the source code.

Then, once you have that, you can figure out - by reading at the microprocessor assembly code level - the logic flow and how it references the various data tables. Then, you can start monkeying with the data tables...

That's what the Mark D's and Jim C's of the world have done.

Piece of cake, huh? :D

grave77
09-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Well that wont be a problem ( burning a Chip ) I need something that can read whats in and make me able to change the program.
u mentioned DME editor that Porsche people use, does it read the BMW DEM Chip too?
if you already have a copy I will be happy to receive it. Thanks :)

grave77
09-22-2004, 10:15 AM
thats good in the time being ... can u e-mail it to me on grave77@eim.ae ?
I will be greatfull ... :)

grave77
09-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Well I do know what you said ... but that was a good hint that they have decomplied the hex files read from the e-prom. anyhow I still like to see any hex file .. I might be able to decompile it. I have good basic computers background. so I might " monkey" with it :P I have something different from whats available in the performance chips there. .............. lets see :)