PDA

View Full Version : $#&^%#$*^%(^&*&((*&)(*&)%%%$##*^&*(&&)

winfred
09-20-2004, 10:34 PM
**** ****ity **** **** ****!!!!!!!
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/325crunch.JPG
i took about a 3'x3' piece of what looked like 1/4" steel plate in the grill on the way to work this morning, i dodged one but a 2nd poped up from under the car infront and fortunatly caught it flat and not on edge, edge wise could of sliced through the condensor and radiator, or a little higher skip off of the hood and come through the windshield decrapetating me. i think it hit hard enough that if my car was still airbag equiped it may of set it off, the worst part i get to eat it plus 89 and up bumpers and spoilers are a bitch to find. did i mention ****

Mr. BILL
09-20-2004, 10:38 PM
YIKES! Glad you're ok.

hlenoble
09-20-2004, 10:45 PM
i took about a 3'x3' piece of what looked like 1/4" steel plate in the grill on the way to work this morning, i dodged one but a 2nd poped up from under the car infront and fortunatly caught it flat and not on edge, edge wise could of sliced through the condensor and radiator, or a little higher skip off of the hood and come through the windshield decrapetating me. i think it hit hard enough that if my car was still airbag equiped it may of set it off, the worst part i get to eat it plus 89 and up bumpers and spoilers are a bitch to find. did i mention ****

I agree, it's good you're OK. I can relate to that, as the day that I put my new wheels and tires, and new fog lights on, a muffler popped up from the car in front of me as I was going 65. I didn't want to swerve sharply at that speed, and there were cars in each lane around me, so I tries to straddle the muffler. It wound up breaking my right fog light and the panel next to it. My new wheels and tires, and all other important parts were OK. All in all not too bad...

BigD
09-21-2004, 01:08 PM
did i mention ****

^^^ that almost says it

632 Regal
09-21-2004, 01:22 PM
for what its worth i have a pass side fog...

looks like you puked by the tire...I would have.

billb
09-21-2004, 01:36 PM
the worst part i get to eat it plus 89 and up bumpers and spoilers are a bitch to find. did i mention

He'll likely have some of that stuff for you...he's got lots of goodies at the farm.

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Man that sucks. You know though, you're not supposed to be going that fast through the bone yard! j/k, did you say ****!

winfred
09-21-2004, 02:42 PM
well i have done a few burn outs from one end to the other, the best was when i chained a audi 100 to the yard monster (10000lb cap clark diesel) and blocked the throttle, theres still a patch of rubber over 3 years later, pos wouldn't pull 2nd gear

You know though, you're not supposed to be going that fast through the bone yard

Brian C.
09-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Driving can be an adventure somedays, huh? It's best to just be prepared for the unexpected at any moment. I know you weren't doing it, but imagine if you or someone more "easily distracted"...(ie. female)...was at the wheel, three screaming little angels in back, and with a cell phone glued to their ear. **** happens fast on the road.

Maybe you could just git yer self a big ole 2 buh 12 and bolt her onto the front end instead of spendin' all that $$$ on a bumper!! :p

Brian C.

Garlic Breath
09-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Dude, that sucks. Sorry.

CrimsonBrian
09-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Dude, sorry to see your little run in with some steel. Looks like you might want to replace those tires while you are spending money. They look a little treadbare...

winfred
09-21-2004, 08:13 PM
i was in the process of ether installing a e30 m3 suspension or bwahahah 98 m coupe with it's pizza sized brakes (if i can find some 16" rims that fit over the pizza's, i don't want to run 17s if i can avoid it, the roads kinda sorta suck around here) the e30 m3 stuff will actually cost more (i only have about 80% of the parts) but will be easyer to do, the m coupe rear is a snap but the front requiers a little fabracation the way i want to do it

Dude, sorry to see your little run in with some steel. Looks like you might want to replace those tires while you are spending money. They look a little treadbare...

Sweetwater
09-22-2004, 11:55 AM
i was in the process of ether installing a e30 m3 suspension or bwahahah 98 m coupe with it's pizza sized brakes (if i can find some 16" rims that fit over the pizza's, i don't want to run 17s if i can avoid it, the roads kinda sorta suck around here) the e30 m3 stuff will actually cost more (i only have about 80% of the parts) but will be easyer to do, the m coupe rear is a snap but the front requiers a little fabracation the way i want to do it

The roads are really starting to suck EVERYWHERE.

I hit a large iron chunk that came off a flatbed while going through a construction zone in our 500 SEL (85). Both right side rims (Centra) rims destroyed with one going flat immediately. Replaced all 4 wheels and tires, had it aligned and within 5K miles the front suspension needed replacement. Did you roll over the metal after it beat up your car?

BTW, I still have #2 16" Centra wheels with snow tires available....

1995 525i
09-22-2004, 02:20 PM

632 Regal
09-22-2004, 03:29 PM
its just not the same

winfred
09-22-2004, 05:06 PM
ill try to remember to bring in my camera and snap the now convertable e36 318 we just got

its just not the same